Lone Star Christmas by Delores Fossen
Genre: Contemporary, Romance, Western, Christmas
Goodreads: Click
Pages: 384
A family crisis brings him home...Just in time for Christmas
Cattleman Callen Laramie has no intention of returning to his hometown of Coldwater, Texas, until a Christmas wedding and a family secret convince him he has no choice. And when he's reunited with his childhood crush, the girl who'd always been off-limits, Callen knows leaving might not be so easy this time. Shelby McCall is as pretty as a Christmas snowfall, and Callen wants to kiss her under the mistletoe...and the Christmas tree...and the stars. But once Shelby knows the whole truth behind this homecoming, will their holiday fling come to an abrupt end? Or will she accept the gift of his heart?
Once Callen was of legal age he packed his bags and refused to ever go back. He isn't even interested after getting an invite to his foster fathers wedding. Its when his old foster sister Shelby gets in contact him about her dad's health that he decides to get the bottom of it. He's always had a thing for her but being foster siblings and his baggage it wasn't going to work. Now that he's back he gets hold of a family secret and his foster father wants him to attend a wedding and find a house for his current foster children. Its then that he decides to stick around temporary and maybe pursue a fling with Shelby before he leaves.
If you are looking for a sweet contemporary romance thats during the holiday season then you'll want to pick this book up. I originally thought that this was going to be a christmassy book because its called Lone Star Christmas but really its not. Maybe during the ending theres a bit that'll remind you what season it is but if you are looking for the holiday spirit you won't find it here but you'll read a pretty great book. I loved getting to know Stellas and Callen's characters. I loved the whole small towne feel with the gossip, and everyone being close. I loved the secondary characters and loved that whole stuff armadillo thing its pretty funny. I can only imagine what it looked like in real life. Overall this was a pretty great book I really enjoyed it.



No comments:
Post a Comment