Sunday, April 10, 2016

Review : A Cowboy's Claim

A Cowboy's Claim by Marin Thomas

Genre: Contemporary, Romance, Harlequin
Goodreads: Click
Purchase Link: Amazon
Pages: 240
Expected publication: April 5th 2016 by Harlequin

Synopsis:

A Different Kind of Hero 

Everyone knows Victor Vicario—he's the scarred loner who's on his way to the National Finals Rodeo in Vegas. But no one knows about the guilt that drives him. And until he achieves his goal, there's no room in his life for attachments. 

So when Vic is given temporary custody of his young nephew, he is torn. He can't turn his back on family, but how can he look after a kid when he's traveling the rodeo circuit? Then he runs into feisty barrel racer Tanya McGee and makes her an offer. She helps him with Alex, and he'll pay her rodeo expenses. The problem is their little "family" starts to feel all too real.

Review:

Victor has been a bronc rider with a past and has been doing well for himself. That was until he finds out that his nephew was found on his own and needs to temporarily be cared for until his grandmother is found or a foster home is available. His lifestyle isn't right for a kid but with the help of Tanya a barrel racer they'll work out taking care of the kid.

I have a soft spot of rodeo cowboys books and was sure to request this book through netgalley for a honest review. I really enjoyed this book. I wasn't much of a fan of Victor at first I felt that he was selfish more worried about his career then his family member and after getting into this book I understood why. I thought his backstory was an interesting one.As for Tanya I liked her character as well. The story was written well, I just couldn't put the book down. I loved that this book was unique in its own ways and that even if I read similar with sort of the same theme this book had its way of standing out making this book very enjoyable. Overall a great book I really liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...