"I think I realized that I would rather die because I betrayed them, than live because I betrayed you."
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer ( The Lunar Chronicles #2)
Stars: 5 of 5
Format: Hardcover
Genre: Young Adult, fantasy, Dystopia, Fairy Tales, Retelling, Steampunk, Romance
Pages: 464
Summary:
Cinder is locked up with the intention of breaking out, with the help of an inmate she goes on a search for a women who helped her escape. Maybe she can help her know more about herself and how to work with her powers.
Scarlets grandmother is missing and no one wants to help. Everyone knows her grandmother is crazy and she probably just ran away. Scarlet knows theres something wrong when her grandmother just leaves without a trace and not contact her. With the help of a stranger, Scarlet will go find her grandmother but will find herself in trouble.
![]() |
| (Anyone else find this a wee bit creepy?) |
My thoughts
Of all the fairy tales Red Riding Hood was my favorite and I love how the author retells these fairy tales in a unique way. I mean I've read many remakes of many fairy tale and none come close to this Lunar Chronicles series. I love that these retelling of fairy tales have a unique twist of dystopian era and Syfi.
When I heard about this book I was a little worried because I cinders story hasn't ended. I thought that this book was just going to be Scarlets view and I was relieved to find that this story goes back and forth between Scarlet and Cinder to know whats going on. I liked how the author made this complex story that someone managed to merge into one another.
I loved how fast paced this book was, loads of action and fighting. Theres almost always something going on. I liked how pushy Scarlet was and how she stood her ground, when she wanted to find her grandmere and no one was doing anything about she did whatever it took to find her grandmere. I wish I could've seen more with the relationship between Wolf and Scarlet though like I got to see with Kai and Cinder.
With this last picture I just wanted to show off my nails, they arent anything special but because I was bored I decided to paint my nails the same color as the cloak and the sparkling silver reminds me of the Lunars. So I painted the tips of my nails the sparkling silver and on one nail painted a crescent I'm not quite sure if you can see it from that picture tho.
Oh and I wanted to share this with you, I just figured this out its a prequel to Scarlet on Wolf its called The Queens Army.



I loved this one too Jessica, and like you I feared this companion book since Cinder rocked for me, but Meyer did an excellent job and I adore Iko! Wonderful review, I am following you on Bloglovin'..i am your first follower there:) You should add it the button to your blog.
ReplyDeleteYou just made my day. I wasn't even sure if people even check this page out. I would add the button on the page if I knew how. I gotta keep looking to figure that out.
ReplyDelete