"Its real, Six. You can't get mad at a real ending. Some of them are ugly. It's the fake happily ever after that should piss you off."
Stars: 5 of 5
Format : Kindle/Ebook
Genre: Romance, New Adult, Young Adult, Abuse, Contemporary, Realistic Fiction.
Pages: 391
Summery:
After spending many years being home schooled Sky is able to go to a public school only to find out that her best friend is going to a different school for a couple of months leaving her to fend for herself in a new school. Since her best friend seems to have a reputation her peers make assumptions and end up giving her a hard time.
Dean Holder has a bit of a reputation himself and when he meets Sky he knows there is something familiar about her he just can't figure it out.
After meeting Dean old memories of her past start to resurface, memories she didn't want coming back to her. Sky knows that Dean is hiding some and won't stop questioning him till he tells her what he knows. The secrets he seems to know will change her life forever revealing a past that was better left forgotten.
"The sky is always beautiful. Even when t's dark or rainy or cloudy, it's still beautiful to look at. It's my favorite thing because I know if i ever get lost of lonely or scared, I just have to look up and it'll be there no matter what... and I know it'll always be beautiful."
My Thoughts:
I found this book beautiful, intense, uplifting, and heartbreaking. This book was well written, funny at times and also serious. This book is is about coping with a harsh tragedy?(I'm trying to find the word and couldn't think of anything but tragedy) and learning to find peace afterwards. When I was reading this book I found so much to highlight such great quote in this book, thank goodness for the kindle I would probably have a hard time reading a book as amazing as this and not be able to highlight some of the quotes in it.
This book has got me from start. While reading I instantly liked Sky and knew there was something about her that I knew wasn't right. I enjoyed reading how Sky's and Holder's relationship develops and see how her amazing first kiss that wasn't a kiss turn out.
"Not everything is going to go my way and not everyone gets a happily ever after. Life is real and sometimes it's ugly and you just have to learn how to cope."
I highly recommend!
Recommend for 17+


Great review! I think tragedy is a good word for what happened--that or trauma, maybe. Poor Sky. Holder is one of my favorite book boyfriends. Though I don't see him like the cover model for Losing Hope--have you read that? Also amazing.
ReplyDelete