Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Edge of Never



"I hate to say it, but shit really does happen. You just have to get over it. Beat the hell out of it by doing things that make you happy"

The Edge of Never by Jessica Redmerski
5 of 5 Stars
Format : Kindle
Genre: New Adult, Travel, Road Trip, Romance, Contemporary.
Pages: 426

Summary

One after the other things just keep going down hill for Camryn until the day she leaves home with just the necessities and takes the greyhound to the first thing she can think of. Andrew is taking the greyhound to see his father rather then taking the plane like his family has been trying to convince him to. Somehow Andrew manages to convince Camry to go on a journey together with no set destination and with that Andrew gets Camryn to be more open. Andrew on the other had will hold on to his secrets which might ruin what they have have starting or  might tear them apart.




"Just because one person's problem is less traumatic than another's doesn't mean they're required to hurt less"

My Thoughts

I don't know why but while writing the summary I randomly thought of the song don't stop believing by Journey.

Overall I loved the book. The book may not have been fast paced as I would've liked but it was good seeing that it wasn't a love at first sight thing the more they traveled and opened up thats when they fall for each other. This story is about two people who have to deal with a lot of losses and have pretty much lost themselves from others and with the help of one another they learn to heal and let go of the past. I admired Cam she is strong and brave in just getting up and going out on her own, she had so much problems in her life and its good that she found the strength to leave. I also loved Andrews character, Why couldn't he be real? Andrew might be the reason I might replace Adrian Ivashkov from VA as my fictional husband with him. I liked that I got the POV of both characters.

And the ending. Oh my, the last two chapters. Theres a twist, I figured there was something up with Andrew that he still kept his secrets meanwhile she was letting him know her but I wasn't expecting that... (Read the book to find out what that is). I nearly cried when I got to the ending. At the last moment I was like WHAT! I actually screamed "What?!" outloud surprising the two bystanders and myself by my rather loud outburst.

Read the book its amazing. Now I'm in the mood to go on a greyhound and do a bit of traveling... Too bad I'm broke.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...