Thursday, April 11, 2013

If You Stay



If you say by Courtney Cole
4 of 5 Stars
Format: Ebook/ Kindle
Genre: New Adult, Romance, Contemporary, Abuse, Realistic Fiction
Pages: 220

Summary

When Pax was at a very young age he was forever changed after the death of his mother. Now he's pretty much drowns himself in booze, drugs and girls until the beautiful Mila save his life one day. Just one look at her and he knows hes not good enough for her - but wants to be and will try to do what he can to be good for her.. Mila knows that that Pax isn't right for her but just can't help feelings drawn to him. The only way to make any type of relationship to work between them is for Pax to stop his old ways in being self destructive but old habits are hard to quit.

My thoughts

Just the first page I couldnt help but be shocked. This is a short and steamy read that I was able to finish in one day. I really liked this book but to me wasn't a big deal, very cliche but still enjoyable.  This book was from both characters POV which I loved so I could see from both of their sides and understand what is going on with them. I liked that Mila was caring and  brave enough to save a guy like Pax's life even though she could've left him alone and walked away. Even after she knew he was alive she still didn't leave it at that she made sure to check up on him to be sure he stood ok. I also liked how strong she was to help Of coursed I liked Pax even if he was seriously messed up. I also liked Milas sister who is smart, loving  caring and protective of her sister. She made sure to show her sister she disapproved of Pax from the start, and let her sister pretty much know to be smart about going out with Pax.

Just found out theres a deleted scene from the book and wanted to share it with you Deleted Scene (http://courtneycolewrites.com/2013/02/16/deleted-scene-from-if-you-stay/)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...