Saturday, April 13, 2013

Wreck Me


"I didn't have anyone, but everything I walked through those doors I felt like each of those authors way my family and the characters they created were all my friends. I counted on them. They were all  ever had. All  still have. Now that the store may go out of business  feel like I'm losing my family and friends. I love all my books. Being a book love saved my life."


Wreck me by J.L Mac
Stars: 4 of 5
Format: Kindle/Ebook
Genre: New Adult, Adult, Romance, Contemporary, Erotica
Pages: 160

Summary:

After the death of her parents Jo has been in and out of orphanages until she decided to live on the streets. Now Jo is strong, sarcastic and independent women who uses sex to pretty much make her forget the past for a moment and to fill the emptiness inside her. At her job in the book store she meets a familiar face that she just cant place. He was only meant to be a one night stand but its ends up into something more.
"I feel like my  world is crumbling beneath my feet but Damon walks in and I have something to grab onto. It's frightening and comforting all in the same."

My Thoughts:

I was a bit on and off with liking the book.

The beginning was interesting enough but I feel like it didn't need to be there. The Prologue was unnecessary though, I don't feel like it did much for the book. The little nine year old girl version of Jo bugged the crap out of me. The way she acted was more like a 5 year old. Her making ridiculous questions or stuff she pointed out  just kind of bugged me. Maybe its just because I've been in my fair share of car accidents (No deaths thank goodness) but it still kind of annoyed me the way she acted. I get that she can get disoriented but ... idk maybe its just the silly statements that I didn't like.

 I found this book wayyy too predictable. You got the hott, wealthy man whose good in bed and he chooses to be with the poor ordinary girl. What sets this book different from the rest is the twist nearing the end and the cliffhanger to just make you want more. I just had little things to complain about but other then that book was really good. Jo is a woman who has had a hard like that made her strong in the end and she doesn't take crap from no one. If someone hurts her then that person got hell to pay if he/she goes against her.

Just a warning though, there is a lot of steamy sex scenes. I was surprised at how much sex they had in the book, if you don't mind that then you'll love this book.

Oh and HOW IN THE WORLD CAN YOU END A BOOK LIKE THAT!!! the cliffhanger worst possible ending ever! Now I'm going to be impatient to see what happens next. Thank goodness the next book comes out April 30th.

"You may not realize it yet, but you're mine. Not because I am claiming you. You're mine because that's how it is." 

I highly Recommend the book!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes predictable and sexy is ok especially on a rainy afternoon. Glad you enjoyed this Jessica!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...