Monday, April 15, 2013

Requiem




"You know you can't be happy unless you're unhappy sometimes, right?"

Requiem by Lauren Oliver
4 of 5 Stars
Format: Hardcover
Genre: Young Adult, Dystopian, Adventure
Pages: 391

Summary:
After Lena, Julian and the rest of her friend go back to the wilds they realized that after all the trouble caused there will more problems on the way. The wilds are no longer safe and slowly but surely the invalids are being taken down and slaughtered.  Those who are left and those who are willing to help will try to band together and fight for their freedom and right to love. 


"But maybe happiness isn't in the choosing. Maybe it's in the fiction, in the pretending: that wherever we have ended up is where we were intended to be all along."

My thoughts:

I loved this last installment of the delirium series. It is fast paced, action packed with nearly always something going on. In this book we get Hana and Lena's POV and such a big difference between their two worlds. One talks of war and the other a wedding. On Hana's side I belive that he cure didn't fully take, I would've figured her to be more of a dull robotic type of person who does what's told and not question and do the things she did. 

With and ending like the last book Pandemonium I was hoping a little light would've been shed on the relationship between Lena and Alex. I wanted them to be together. Nearing the end I was so worried about what would happen. When it comes to these kind of love triangles either someone dies, or is left heartbroken and in the ending there was nothing. Lena and Alex relationship was infuriating, I wanted Julian to get the picture and maybe back off of her that way Alex and Lena can get back. I wish Lena would've just told Julian and Alex how she felt. During the ending I thought they were going to get together but then they cut to the ending and I was left confused. 

I'm having a hard time expressing how I feel about the ending I mean when I was reading it I loved it. It made me feel hopeful for the future of the characters thinking of the many possibilities of what the future holds. After a few moments to think about it I hated it. I felt like I was cheated. I wanted something more. Now I'm left with so much more questions. I swear, to me this is just as bad as the other cliffhangers except this one is supposed to be seen as an ending. Whyyyyyy  >_<

"We wanted the freedom to love. We wanted the freedom to choose. Now we have to fight for it."

"Live free or die."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...