Friday, March 8, 2013

The Forest Of Hands And Teeth by Carrie Ryan

The Forest Of Hands And Teeth by Carrie Ryan
4 of 5 Stars
Pages: 223
Genre: Young Adult, Dystopia, Zombie, Horror, Romance

Goodreads Summery

In Mary's world there are simple truths. The Sisterhood always knows best. The Guardians will protect and serve. The Unconsecrated will never relent. And you must always mind the fence that surrounds the village; the fence that protects the village from the Forest of Hands and Teeth. But, slowly, Mary’s truths are failing her. She’s learning things she never wanted to know about the Sisterhood and its secrets, and the Guardians and their power, and about the Unconsecrated and their relentlessness. When the fence is breached and her world is thrown into chaos, she must choose between her village and her future—between the one she loves and the one who loves her. And she must face the truth about the Forest of Hands and Teeth. Could there be life outside a world surrounded in so much death?


My Say


I've had this book for a while and just never could find the time to pick it up. Then when I did I could only get a couple pages in before I got disinterested. Little did I know that if I had red a couple pages more I would've had a hard time to put it down. The book was well written, gruesome and very intense. I had no problem pretty much devouring the book, the fact that it was a Inconsecrated (zombie) book and had loads of action and the suspense of what happens next kept me hooked. 

One problem I had was the main character Mary. Mary is selfish, immature, and very annoying at some points. Yea I get that she has dreams but at what expense? Loved ones have suffered for her dreams that lead to her making stupid and dangerous choices. Some other points that kind of annoyed me about Mary is that when it came to dangerous situations happening she'd be all I wonder what Travis doing. Death and destruction is happening, that's not exactly the time to think about love and what the guy shes crushing on is doing. 

The end I didn't like too much, it was good but I wanted to know more. The ending just kind of fell flat. At first I thought it was just because the author might pick up where she left off with this book to the next but no its a different characters point of view from the same time. So I'm curious of what happens next. Hopefully they will be more interesting then Mary was. 



If you want a copy of this book you can click here for : Paperback or Kindle Edition

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...