Thursday, March 7, 2013

NYC Book Tour

I was thinking that maybe sometime I'm going to head to NYC to do a book related day. Meaning I go to NYC to check out A Little Library, go to NYC largest bookstore, and Print myself a book.

Here's how it'll go:


I wasn't even aware of Little Free Library until recently. The concept is you take a book and leave another in its place. I love the idea of this and I know that there are a couple in NYC. I got a couple of books that I have that are doubles so I can trade whatever book I want for one that is in these little gems. This idea sort of reminds me of Geocaching. If any of you want to know what that is visit Here. Basically its a treasure hunt using a Gps  the whole thing is the hunt to find a cache once you find one, you take a little trinket and you leave another in its place. 

If you want to read a book with geocaching in it I suggest you read North Of Beautiful by Justina Chen. That's were I learned about geocaching and I'm greatful I came across this book and hobby because I enjoy both.

NYC Bookstore

Now the plan on that may have backfired on me. Through the grapevine I've heard of this mythical bookstore or maybe it was a library? in NYC. It supposedly has over 12 miles of books or was it bookshelves? Yea, I think it was bookshelves. 12 miles sounds like a book lovers dream yet nightmare. I wonder how I would get it all done in one day. If you know of this mythical bookstore Please Please Please tell me where it is. I've been attempting it look it up and haven't found info yet.


Print myself a book

Now if you are curious how I'll be able to do that, brace yourself because this nearly blew me away. I shall introduce you to Espresso Book Machine. What is Expresso Book Machine you may ask? I'm glad you did I did a bit of research basically when you are at one of their locations you will need to search for your book. Once the info is in the machine on what you want the machine will print your book in about 5 minutes. Awesome right? Am I the only one curious about this machine. If your just as curious press play on the video below it'll show everything you need to know. (Hehe just rhymed, OK yea I'm a.d.d don't judge!)


What do you think of my NYC book day. Once this day comes true I shall post everything up and show it to you. Until then goodbye!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...