"Even in the Future the Story Begins with Once Upon A Time." - Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Stars: 5 of 5
Format: Paperback
Genre: Young Adult, Diastolic, Romance, Fairy tales, Science Fiction Retelling.
Pages: 390
Summery
Theres nothing special about Linh Cinder, shes just young cyborg mechanic who lives with her step mother, two sisters and her best friend android, Iko. When her sister fall ill, she is blamed by her Step mother and sister and gets sent away to be used as a testing subject so her step mother wont have to deal with her anymore.
Slowly information about a past she remembers nothing of starts to resurface revealing her true self. On top of that she keeps crossing paths with the soon to be emperor of Beijing and end up with a romance that was destined to never be.

My thoughts.
I liked this book so much I was too much that I've already started writing half this review before it even finished. I just wanted to say the imagery is amazing. Other then reading my other hobby includes Painting/Sketching and this book has enough descriptions to get me actually itching to draw a picture of what Cinder could possibly look like or the other characters I love the twist and turns that occur in this book. I've read a lot of adaptions to the Cinderella story and most of them where predictable and this wasn't, I love that I keep getting surprised of what is going to happen next. There is no other Cinderella adaption like this. Even the ending got me curious of what happens next, Thank goodness Scarlet (The next book in this Lunar Chronicles) is out and my library is already in process to get it to me before the end of the week.
(Written after book was read) There is so much to like about this book from the imagery the way its fast paced, I liked how well the characters were written. I liked that it had a different setting with the whole Dystopia thing, normally when I find a book that's dystopian its based where the US was this book is based in Beijing. With this book what I ended up getting is a book wit humans, cyborgs, androids and aliens. I'm not a big fan of Aliens I believe I've mentioned that before, the only other book I've read with aliens was In The After. Most of what I've come across in this book is different from what I normally read, so this book was kind of out of my reading comfort zone.
What I also liked about this book is that it didn't go overboard with romance or that whole love at first sight kind of thing, you can tell there was a interest between the prince and Cinder but it was subtle. Too many YA books go overboard with the romance and this just has a little touch of if which I appreciate. It wasn't over the top and it wasn't too little, it was just enough romance thrown in.
My favorite character had to be Iko, yea she only lasted like half the book but that "glitch" she had gave her a great and funny personality. I almost kept forgetting that she was an android, even Iko would almost forget. "I have a glitch, too. Sometimes I forget that I'm not human. I don't think that happen to most androids." (That was from the short story Glitch which is a special bonus in the book. If you would like to check out the Prequel Glitch Click Here ) She is the most girlish robot I've ever heard and I like the little comments she says in the book.
(Illustration by Goni Montes)




No comments:
Post a Comment