Thursday, March 21, 2013

Clockwork Prince Review and Giveaway!

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Stars: 5 of 5
Format: Audio book and Paperback
Genre: Steampunk, Young Adult, Romance, Historical Fiction, Urban Fantasy, Supernatural
Pages: 476

Summery

After the death of her aunt, Tessa Gray, goes to London to live with her brother Nathaniel.  But little did she know it would dark sisters who would we waiting to keep her until she bends to their will and does what they want. Just when she decides to run off  in comes the Shadowhunters who help save her and let her stay with them. Tessa will learn fairly quickly about a whole new world she never knew of where pretty much everything that goes bump in the night exists. With the help of the shadow hunters Tessa will search for her brother and manage to find new trouble.
My Say

Sometimes authors will get too close to making one series like another, same people different name and place but I didn't see it in this. I almost thought it was going to be like The Mortal Instruments because of the love triangle and characters but then ditched that idea because I noticed how unique these characters were from TMI. I like that Tessa pretty much accepts what is, even when everything may seem far fetched and learns to adapt to any situation. I liked how there was never a dull moment and there was always something new to learn about the characters and something interesting going on. I liked that there was unexpected twists and turns and just when I thought I knew what that going to happen I was completely off. I also love that its in a steam punk kind of setting which lately I've been getting into.

If you love The Mortal Instruments series then you'll love this.  

When it comes to choosing a guy it would be hard. Before I would've said sweet ol' Jem would've been the one I wanted only because it would simple, he's pretty straight out. Then there's Will who is complicated, hot and cold and just plain confusing but the way everything is there must be a reason for the way he acts. Another reason I find it hard to choose it because I've read the second book so I know the reasoning behind Wills actions from what little I can remember from it. I'm pretty sure Id be team Switzerland between these two guys because I don't wanna chose either I like both of them maybe Clockwork Princess will the the tie breaker to help me choose between them.


 

(Can't figure out which trailer I like best)



I mentioned before that I was going to do a giveaway for this book. It's only for US residents (Sorry for those who are outside!) and The only thing about this book is that it has one mark. When I bought it from the store on sale they made a small marker mark on the side, other then that its brand new. Contest Starts 3/22/13 12:00 AM EST



a Rafflecopter giveaway

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...