Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Review : A Cowboy for Christmas

A Cowboy for Christmas by Sara Richardson

(Rocky Mountain Riders #6)

Genre: Christmas, Holiday, Romance, Contemporary, 
GoodreadsClick
Purchase LinkAmazon | BN iBooks | Walmart eBooks 
Pages: 416
PublishedOctober 29th 2019 by Forever

Come home to Topaz Falls, Colorado, where the best way to spend Christmas is in the arms of a cowboy!

When the beloved Farm Café in Topaz Falls burns to the ground, widow Darla Michaels comes up with the perfect plan to help her friends rebuild -- a Cowboy Christmas Festival complete with a sexy bachelor auction and a benefit rodeo. But to pull it off, she has to pretend to be engaged to Ty Forrester, the irresistible bull rider who keeps testing her keep-things-casual policy.

A fake fiancée wasn't on Ty's Christmas list this year, but it's the only way to get his family to visit over the holidays so his NFL-star brother can draw more tourists to the festival. The engagement wouldn't be such a problem if Ty wasn't starting to have real feelings for Darla. Knowing he can't go on pretending, Ty prepares to tell his family the truth--but then he and Darla discover a precious little Christmas surprise that just might help them embrace a whole new life together.

: Includes a bonus story
When the Farm Cafe burns down Darla comes up with the plan of  helping her friend by getting a bachelor auction and a rodeo to bring in money. Thing is she needs to pretend to be engaged to her friends with benefit, Ty, so that he can bring his family and NFL player brother to draw people to coming to the festivities. Ty isn't thrilled with the arrangement but he did lie to his parents about being engaged and will tolerate his brother for the sake of a friend. They never expected for feelings to start arising.

I love a good western contemporary romance and this book was perfect for me. Thing is I completely forgotten that this book was set during Christmas time. There really wasn't much in the way to show that this book as in the holidays so it slipped my mind. So if you are here looking to see if there is any christmas spirit to be found to get you in the festive mood I wouldn't recommend this but if you are here for an interesting set of characters and romance then your in the right place. I enjoyed seeing the chemistry between the characters, and one of the things that were happening to one of the characters I could guess what was up a mile away. I thought it was interesting seeing the brother dynamics between Ty and his bother and kinda felt bad on how their relationship was. Then there was the whole lying its bound to blow up in their faces and I was curious how that would go down. I enjoyed the romance and seeing how this book played out. Overall great book I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...