Saturday, June 18, 2016

Review: City in Embers

City In Embers by Stacey Marie Brown

Genre: Paranormal, Fae, Fantasy, New Adult, Urban Fantasy, Romance
Goodreads: Click
Pages : 458
Published :February 4th 2015 by Twisted Fairy Publishing 
Purchase link : Amazon | B&N
Zoey Daniels has been tossed from foster home to foster home, where she grows up fast and tough. When she is placed in her “last-chance” home, she finds a reason to stay and turn her life around: her foster sister, Lexie, who is paralyzed and confined to a wheelchair. Zoey will do anything to keep her safe. After high school, Zoey is hired by a special government agency, the Department of Molecular Genetics (DMG), where she meets the other reason to remain: Daniel, her co-worker. The man she loves.

But there is something unique about Zoey. She can see fae. Because of this, the DMG hires her to work as a Collector: catching, researching, testing, and using the fae to save human lives. The work never registers on her sympathy radar. She was raised to think of fae as beasts that feed on humans and want to destroy them.

When devastation hits Seattle, Zoey's whole world is turned upside down. The electric storm connects her to a ruthless fae, a Wanderer named Ryker, whose dealings expose them to even more trouble and danger. They embark on a journey, running and hiding from both the government and fae, both of which threaten their lives and those they love.

So here's a few things that I want to point out before my review. One that I didn't know that this book had fae, sprites or whatever. Never been into those fairy creatures and if I would've known that I would've never picked up this book. Yes I'm well aware that it points it out straight away in the description but I guess I wasn't paying attention and that cover really caught my eye so I wanted to read it.

Besides that, I have to say that I loved, Loved this book. There was go much going on with never a dull moment. Like there is so much action going on that you'll end up stuck with this book till the very end which may or may no have happened to me. I just stuck on the couch all day barely did anything else. This book will keep you gripped from the very start, it just jumps right into it. I loved the characters, the back stories and the secrets that slowly get revealed. There is so much to love about this book and yet hard to describe without spoiling this book. So I'll leave you with this - You need to read this book, like right now. Or at least bump it to the top of your tbr list because you're not going to want to miss this. My only problem now as of now is that I've finished this book and I need to get my hands on the second, like right now. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...