Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Review : Fire On Ice

Fire on Ice by Dakota Madison

(Fire on Ice #1)
Genre: Contemporary, Romance, Hockey, Sports
Age Group : New Adult
Pages: 230
Goodreads : Link
Published :  July 16th 2013 by Short on Time Books
                  Amazon
He’s Fire on Ice and she’s afraid to get burned again…
“You always think a guy is going to be different until he’s not.”
Firestorm Center Kian Kavanagh dominates the ice like a rock star dominates the stage. He’s the hottest new player to be recruited for the Firestorm, a newly established professional hockey team in Northern Arizona.

After Taylor Thompson’s heart was completely shattered by her high school’s most popular jock, she vowed never to date another athlete. And she keeps that promise through her first three years of college by putting up impenetrable walls to protect her from heartbreak.

But after a chance meeting with the charming and irresistible Kian Kavanagh, Taylor’s carefully constructed walls are in serious danger of being burned down by Mr. Fire on Ice.

My Thoughts:

Taylor doesnt want anything to do with hockey players. Go figure the one guy to catch her eyes since her last boyfriend happens to be a well-known hockey player Kian. Kian knows he's not good enough for Taylor but he will try to do what he can to be deserving of her.

I can't seem to remember where I gotten this arc of this book, probably from a book tour that hadn't fully went through. It's a good thing that I am familiar with Dakota Madison's books, because if it was based on the book cover like how I usually choose my books I would've overlooked this book. The cover is pretty cheesy, yea the guy on the cover is hott but the overall cover is still cheesy. Now on to content. The book was sweet and interesting enough but I wished there was more then what was more there. I wanted to see more of their relationship, more drama, more anything like a background history. I wanted to find something to connect to the characters but there wasn't much about them other then Taylor came from a rich background Kian didn't. I did enjoyed the characters, and the steamy scenes were great. I loved that there was two point of views. I loved the connection between Kian and Taylor. I felt like the book was a bit rushed which was a problem for me. Other then that I did like the book and I'm curious to see what happens in the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...