Thursday, April 18, 2013

Masque of the Red Death


"Just because you don't want to see something doesn't mean that it will go away. Do you think Inhumanity doesn't exist if you pretend not to see it? or maybe get too drunk to understand? We've forgotten the things that make life worthwhile."

Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin
Stars: 4 of 5
Format: Hardcover
Genre: YA Fiction, Steampunk, Romance, Post Apocalyptic, Fantasy
Pages: 319


Summary:

A plague has wiped out most of the population and whats left of the cities is in ruins with death all around.

Araby Worth is one of the few survivors of the plague and finds her time spent either n the safety of her home or out at The Debauchery club with her best friend. In this club she finds that she is drawn to the bounce or the club, Will, and to Elliot an aristocrat out to save what is left of his town. Rebel groups start to form over who will save everything and a new plague is starting to take out what the little people that are left.

My Thoughts:

Lately I've decided that I want to branch out from just reading modern day supernatural YA books and somehow came across this book. I think with all the bok from my goodreads.com page they recommeded this book to me.

I found this book hauntingly beautiful. I was thoroughly hooked to the book that I've managed to read this book in one day. The characters are very likeable and I liked seeing the characters progress and change and learn more about them.

Oh and another thing I noticed the rating for the book is 3 of 5 stars. It's worth 4 or 5. Such a fantastic book don't let the low ratings dissuade you from getting the book. For you Edgar Allen Poe fans you might want to read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...