Thursday, April 18, 2013

A Beautiful Lie



A Beautiful Lie by T.E Sivec
Stars 3.5 of 5
Format: Ebook/Kindle
Genre: New Adult, Adult, Contemporary, Romance, Suspense, Mystery
Pages: 388

Summary:

Parker, Garrett and Milo have been best friends for years. After the death of Milo, Parker and Milo are left to pick up the pieces and look into the death of their friend. They soon discover secrets about their friend and a lot of the secrets are connected to really powerful people. As it goes on they really begin to question what they know and who to trust.


My say:

Ok so this was definitely was not what I was expecting when I came across this book. I don't even mean it in a bad way because this book was great. I wanted to give this book a 4 of 5 stars but for me thats set for stories I would actually consider reading a second time or really loved it but I didn't and even though I recommend this book out it really wasn't for me. Normally the books that I read range from paranormal, YA fiction, steampunk, romance. This book came with a recommendation based on the other books that I have recently bought thats how I found it. I don't normally read books that are mystery and such so this was out of a comfort zone for me and a welcomed one because I enjoyed this book. The only time I come across the topic of FBI and CIA is from the series I watch on T.V like Bones or Dexter.

Even though I love stories with different point of views I thought a negative part of the book was that the author didn't let the reader know when she was switching characters which made it a bit confusing. Maybe its just me? At first when I started the book I kept getting confused and then got the hang of it and realized when they were switching. When it came to characters even though I liked them I didn't feel like I can connect to them. Usually when I read I pretty much immerse myself into the character but with this I couldn't. I really liked Parkers how kick ass she was, she knew what she wanted and did what she felt was right. Even when she was a tough situation she did what was necessary and did not show fear she always kept her head straight. Well , not always Garrett tended to be a distraction.

I really liked that the book was fast paced, lots of action, surprises to keep the readers guessing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...