The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong
4 of 5 stars
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal, Supernatural, Romance, Shapeshifters,
Pages: 359
Summery
My Say
This book was interesting enough that I managed to read this book within 24 hours wondering what was gonna happen and was left with a cliffhanger in the end. Goddess I hate cliffhangers >_< .
As you can see from the summery the book has the same premise as most YA books so you got the idea of how the book is. Girl living a totally normal life until the new hot guy comes into the picture, girl possibly hates the guy then learned the guy is misunderstood and falling for the guy. Then strange things started to happen and find out some life altering information about themselves.
I for the most part thought the book was good, I wish there was more conflict going on to keep me interested. The pace for the book was pretty low which is a problem for me. The story felt like I've read it many other times before. Despite that, I think the book was interesting enough and hope that the next book surprises me. I found the characters very likable and the main character Maya funny at some points where I couldn't keep my laughter to myself with her little comments that she would say. I would've liked to know more about what was going on with the project, or about her heritage, or what happened to Serena. I don't expect any of it to just be answered in the first book but at least give us a bit to go on, solve at least one of the questions that many may ask of this book.
Overall I enjoyed the book even if its a cliche and look forward to the next book hopefully some of the questions I want answers will be done in the next book.

No comments:
Post a Comment