Sunday, March 17, 2013

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Delirium by Lauren Oliver
5 of 5 Stars
Genre: Dystopia, Romance, Young Adult, Science Fiction
Pages: 441


Imagine a world without love, a world without sadness, fighting, no war just peace. Its also the same world without laughter, passion and happiness. This is a world  where when a child turns 18 they must get the delirium called "Love" so that the world would be a better place.

Lena has live her life believing that Love is a disease and everyone must be cured, that she must get cured when she can to not catch it. She seen what it had done to her mother and because of it her mother died for love, or so she thought. The day of her testing some mayhem was caused which led her a later date and also the meeting of a cute new boy. After some time of getting to know the boy she realizes that she has caught the delirium and doesn't want to go back to the life she knew with all their contentedness and unhappiness



I enjoyed this book very much, it has an interesting point of view to see the authors view of the world where love is considered a disease. There was so much going on to be interested. I recommend this book to anyone I can.


Highly Recommend.
The good thing also is that there is going to be a tv series based on the books and you can get a head start of the show by reading this books. The thing I love about reading the books before the whole movie/series things is that while its playing I can compare and contrast and complain (For fun) about what did or didn't happen and how it was supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...