Before Christmas I pretty much sworn not to use a kindle tablet. I mean, I had a kindle app and a way to read kindle books off my laptop and thought that that was enough. Then Christmas rolled around and my parents decided to surprise me with my 7" screen HD Kindle and was pretty happy about it but unsure what the future holds for my loving books. I had once questioned how will this effect my reading habits will I just completely stop reading physical books? For those of you who just got a reading tablet you might understand my feelings. So as of right now my computer desk is just decorated with books all around and then on onside is my Kindle. Can you believe that I kind of felt guilty reading on the kindle at some points? If I'm reading the kindle at my desk with all the books I have piled high across me I feel like they all sprout eyes and are all staring me down whispering things like "Traitor."
I love my books because I like the sheer act of moving the pages, the sounds a book makes when its first open or the sound of the page moving. I like the smell. I like that it takes up physical space (Like a trophy) I like that I can see my babies adorned on a shelf of places I went, people I knew, Things I have learned and discovered I can read it at any time and I would never have to worry about batteries and such.
With a kindle I like that it can read to me. So if I'm busy and cant get a rest I can always plug in some head phones and go. I can highlight on it without feeling guilty. It saves my space automatically so I can go back to it. I can read it at night with the lights out. I can travel with it. Its small and thin enough to fit into most of my purses. I can fit a unlimited number of books. And the books are pretty cheap.
The way I see if I love both my books and Kindle and don't ever see myself ever stop reading phycial copies and I'm happy that I had received the kindle. And I'm happy to say I'm feeling less and less guilty reading in front of my physical books. Hopefully I'll get over that soon. lol!

No comments:
Post a Comment