Monday, March 18, 2013

Walking Dead.


As of right now I'm currently taking a break from my recent book to watch The Walking Dead which the way I see it is till book related.

If any of you love the show or hate the show just know that the comics are 100x's better. 

My friend Pete had always been bugged me to read the comics and I was like Eh comics are for nerds (I know this is not true now but then that was how I felt). After season two of the show ended I was in the mood where I felt like I must know what happens next. Eventualy I found The Walking Dead Volume 1 and thought what the heck why not give it a try. I pretty much devoured the comics within a couple of months (My library will only let me order 4 books a week online and there is like 17 of them)

The most recent book Volume 17 is out and I have yet to borrow it. (The library wont let me borrow new books online for some stupid reason for a couple of months.) The only way I'll be able to read it is to go to the book store and buy is or read it for hours in the book store. I would buy it but its like 17.00 or so dollars and I don't have the earlier books and it would be random to get it. I might end up staying at the bookstore for a while to get through it.

Anyways I should let you know that the comics are beyond awsome and there are a lot more character and many socially unacceptable things that go on in the comics. Due to restrictions of some kind they cant do everything that happens in the comics on tv. I have to warn you it can get grusesome, violent and alot of  deaths. You will be introduced to characters you've never heard of before and it is really interesting. I don't want to get into it too much and spoil it. If you ever do read it or have read it leave a comment and tell me what you thought about it.

reading the comics is also a great way to get insight of your favorite characters on why they did what they did  in the show. The only person on the show I wish showed up in the comics is Darryl, his chracter is kick ass. At first when I read the comics I complained about his character about how he's not supposed to be there yadda yadda yadda plus at the time he was a total ass in the first couple of epidoes and I completely hated him. Eventually I found out he wasn't so bad and that Robert Kirkman (The author) had developed his character as an extra on the show and didn't mind him so much.

I hate when people who haven't read the books make up things when it comes to books. It's like they completely rip out 75% of the book and just make a story from what little is left.

The benefit for reading this first (Even if you've already started watching the show) is that you can complain (For fun) about what is wrong with it, what wasn't supposed to happen and if you've been reading my previous posts you'll know how much I love to do this. It drives my family crazy when I do this. Maybe every Sunday or Monday I'll do that. I'll make it its own page that way readers be warned and wont stumble upon a post and ruin it for them. I hate when I accidentally stumble across a spoiler it drives me nuts!


Just finished watching the episode and Bleh. I mean it was OK many people might now have a new found respect for Andrews character. The ending is a bit of a cliff hanger and because it wasn't something that happens int he comics I'm a bit curious of whats going to happen next.

Now for some fun walking dead pictures I found randomly online :-)


Wishing I was Rick right about now in this picture. Idc if Darryl is 44 hes pretty hott for an old dude. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...