Genre: Love Inspired, Suspense, Romance,
Goodreads: Click
Purchase Link: Amazon | BN | Walmart eBooks
Pages: 212
Published: May 23, 2023
Investigating a decade-old robbery
turns into a fight for survival.
New evidence tied to a ten-year-old robbery sends Lila Christie running to her ex-fiancé, Sheriff Stewart Duncan, for support—and right into a gunman’s crosshairs. Reopening the case that left his father dead and hers missing is the last thing Stewart wants, especially now that Lila’s a target. But could uncovering old mysteries give them a second chance…or make them victims in their own investigation?
10 years ago a robbery featured Lila and Stuart dads leaving his dad dad and her dad missing but with newly uncovered evidence Lila might finally get the closure they need. The problem is that someone is trying to silence Lila with a few deadly attempts to stop them from looking further into what's going on letting them to believe there was someone else in the mix and needs to figure out what's going on and who is the person before they really take someone out.
Man this book was non-stop with the action and I definitely love that. There was just so much going on that it really kept me on my toes and had me never wanting to put this book down because I needed to know more. There was just so much twist and turns and when I thought things were starting to look okay of course they weren't. Aside from the whole person trying to silence them bit there was a slight look into Lila and Stuart relationship. Clearly they still had feelings for each other but Lila was only there to get their closure I mean she has a whole life where she was and it was interesting seeing how that would play out. This book was a clean romance which I appreciate. All around if you just love and miss through suspense books then you're going to really like this one I really enjoyed it.



No comments:
Post a Comment