Friday, March 1, 2019

Review : Hostage at Hawk's Landing

Hostage at Hawk's Landing by Rita Herron

Genre: Contemporary, Romance, Mystery, Suspense, Intrigue
Goodreads: Click
Purchase link: Amazon | BN | Apple Books | Walmart eBooks
Pages: 256
Published February 19th 2019 by Harlequin Intrigue
Danger brought them together. 

Will the truth tear them apart? 

Desperate to learn what caused his estranged father’s death, Dexter Hawk finds himself drawn to a woman from his past. Melissa Gentry lost her family years ago. Now a shoot-out at work has put her own life in danger. With Dex suddenly back, asking for her help, Melissa realizes once again she has everything to lose. Because a man like Dex cannot be replaced…or forgotten.

Badge of Justice

Melissa is a pick up and go kinda person and is now working at a men shelter when she finds herself in danger. Dex has been working on looking more into his fathers death which doesn't seem to add up to him. That is when he manages to find clues and ties to Melissa and the homeless people in the area. After a few attempts on her life and the fact that Melissa can't stay away from trouble Dex will try to protect her and piece everything together.

There was so much going on in this book that there will never be a dull moment for the readers. Once I started it I just couldn't put the book down. I loved seeing how everything worked together, seeing as old secrets were revealing themselves over time. I loved seeing the connection between Dex and Melissa and getting to know their characters and backstories. I also loved getting the dual point of view of the characters getting their perspectives of what was going on and why they did certain things throughout the books. Overall pretty great book I really enjoyed reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...