Sunday, February 3, 2019

Review : A Soldier's Return

A Soldier's Return by RaeAnne Thayne

Genre: Contemporary, Romance
Goodreads: Click
Purchase Link: Amazon Walmart eBook | BN
Pages: 224
Published January 15th 2019 by Harlequin Special Edition
The Women of Brambleberry House are back! 

Returning home to Cannon Beach and living in Brambleberry House, a place where good things seemed destined to happen, had brought Melissa Fielding and her young daughter such joy. Perhaps it was no accident when the single mom “bumped” into Eli Sanderson, and discovered the handsome doctor was also back in town. The ex-soldier was still so captivating, but also more guarded. Was now the time to put old ghosts to rest?

Melissa is doing well back in her home town with her daughter at the Brambleberry House after dealing with an unreliable ex. While her boss is out of commission getting surgery for his knees his son will take his place as doctor. Eli is an ex-solider who will be helping out his father and it seems both Melissa and Eli can't stop bumping into eachother. Both have an attraction but he has no intentions of sticking around when hes called for duty.

I liked this book it was so sweet watching how things progressed in the book. I enjoyed seeing the attraction between the two. I appreciate that the daughter was very much present in the book. I mean shes clearly  mother and it showed. Some times books tends to mention that the main character is a month and the children are m.i.a but the daughter popped up from time to time and it was sweet watching how every was with eachother. I liked getting to know the characters and seeing a brief history of how they knew eachother back then and seeing that romance bloom between the character. Overall pretty good book I really enjoyed myself reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...