Colton's Christmas Cop by Karen Whiddon
Goodreads: Click
Pages: 288
Published November 1st 2018 by Harlequin Romantic Suspense
A rookie cop's mistletoe missionPublished November 1st 2018 by Harlequin Romantic Suspense
A Coltons of Red Ridge romance
Layla Colton would do anything for her family’s company—even marry a man she doesn’t love. But when she’s framed for a crime she didn’t commit, Layla has more to worry about than wedding bells. Officer Hunter Black and his K-9 companion are on the case. Can they rescue Layla from the deadly shadows threatening to engulf Red Ridge?
It's becoming clear to Layla that while she is doing everything she can for her father's company even marrying a marrying a man for work reasons shes isn't appreciated. Then she's accused of stalking and harassing an employee where police are involved but the evidence are only electronic and can be altered. In comes Officer Hunter Black with his unique K9 that is able to find more evidence that could help her but finds that there might be more at work when a couple attempts at her life leaves Officer Black to want to protect her.
This book comes with everything you like in a mystery, suspense, romance novel. I loved that connection between Layla and Hunter. I loved seeing them work together and him helping Layla open her eyes to what was really going on when it came to her part in her job. Shes given so much to the company and is even willing to marry a man she doesn't care about to save the company and it just might not be worth it any more. She's able to better her self and really think about the things she likes and maybe even consider a carreer change after being with her fathers company. I was clearly not a fan of her father after reading what was going on in her life and how things played out. I liked seeing a bit of that christmas spirit thrown in with Layla and Hunter. She was raised in a family that doesn't care much for holidays and it was sweet seeing her and Hunter try to make something of this holiday. In this book it wasn't only Layla that come to terms with family and stuff Hunter had his own set of issues to deal with the people who he cares for this holiday season. But I'm going to stop there because I don't want to ruin the book for you. I'm just going to say that this is a pretty great book I really enjoyed it.



No comments:
Post a Comment