Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Review : The Sheriff's Christmas Twins

The Sheriff's Christmas Twins by Karen Kirst

Genre: Holiday, Historical, Romance, 
Goodreads: Click
Purchase Link: Amazon | B&N | Kobo
Pages: 288
Published October 1st 2016 by Love Inspired Historicals
Holiday Baby Blessings  
Convinced that Allison Ashworth deserves better, Sheriff Shane Timmons has always tried to remain aloof around his childhood companion. But with Allison in Gatlinburg for the holidays, insisting on caring for two motherless babies, Shane feels obliged to help her. How can he keep his distance when she and the children are quickly becoming the family he never dared to wish for? 
As a girl, Allison was drawn to the wary yet handsome Shane, who never seemed to look her way. But in spending time with him and two sweet babies, she might yet find a chink in the confirmed bachelor's armor. Every shared moment gives Allison hope that this Christmas, her dreams of motherhood—and a life with Shane—may finally be coming true.

It was by mistake that I requested to review this book, I'm not much of a historical romance book fan. But I can say that I was a fan of this book. It was sweet to read, I love a strong character, I also love books that mention the backgrounds of the character. For me thats what really makes or breaks characters because I'd like to know thier history of why they are who they are to understand what they are going through and why they may have done certain things. The story line was well done and I enjoyed the characters. I loved love caring and nurturing Allison was, she didn't have to do what she did but it was in her nature of being an overall caring person. I loved that she was able to stand above the norm and was willing to take those babies in with out without someone by her side. I loved how protective Shade was even if he seems to do dumb things relationship sometimes. But as a reader I can understand with this story. If you are looking for a holiday book to give you those wintery holiday feels your going to want to pick up this book. I'm already in the moo for the holidays after this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...