Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Review : Lone Star Dad

Lone Star Dad by Linda Goodnight

Genre: Contemporary, Romance, Love Inspired
Goodreads: Click
Purchase Link: Amazon | B&N | Kobo
Pages: 224
The Secret Next Door

Nurse Gena Satterfield knew raising her rebellious nephew, Derrick, would be tough, but moving to Gabriel's Crossing was supposed to help ease the transition into their new reality. That was before she realized her new neighbor was Quinn Buchanon—her teenage crush, the town's onetime star quarterback…and Derrick's father. Her sister's dying wish was that Gena keep this secret. Yet watching Quinn connect with the boy and penetrate his angry walls, Gena begins to see him in a whole new light. Now, torn between the truth and the promise she made, Gena has to follow her heart. And hope they can all heal together…as a family.


After the death of her sister Gena is left to take care of her nephew Derrick trying to make a new start for themselves. If only Derrick could stay out of trouble and stop pestering the next door neighbor Quinn. Unfortunately for Gena this could be a problem being that this same Quinn happens to be father to her nephew but no one knows but her it was her sisters dying wish to keep secret. With the more times their lives meets up the harder it is not to fall and harder to keep the secret going.

Overall I liked this book it was pretty good. Almost too much like the last book I read where the the aunt has a rebellious teen to watch. I guess I read the books too close to each other should've spaced it out between each other to make this more enjoyable. I couldn't help but find myself comparing because of this. I liked the characters. If given the choice Gena was made I'm not sure how I would've handed the situation she faced. This book was well written, it was a steady paced no dull moments to speak of. Overall it was a pretty good book I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...