Monday, August 29, 2016

Review : Rules of a Rebel and a Shy Girl

Rules of a Rebel and a Shy Girl by Jessica Sorensen

Genre: Contemporary, Romance, Young Adult, New Adult
Published August 26th 2016
Goodreads: Click
Purchase Link: Amazon

Willow

It started with a kiss and ended with a list. The middle is a bit more complicated.

The list of rules is supposed to protect mine and Beck’s friendship and stop us from accidentally kissing again. But most of all, it’s supposed to protect my heart from getting crushed and keep me from ending up broken like my mom.

I’ve always been great at following rules. But the more time I spend with Beck, the more I can’t stop thinking about that kiss and how amazing his lips felt against mine. For the first time in my life, I wish I was a rule breaker. But I can never cross that line. Not with Beck. Not with anyone.

Besides, if Beck knew the truth about my life, then the list wouldn’t have to exist because he wouldn't have kissed me to begin with.

Beck

It started with the most amazing kiss ever and led to Willow handing me a list.
That stupid list. When she gave it to me, I wanted to shred it to pieces, pull her against me, and kiss her until she realized a piece of paper wasn’t going to stop me. Willow’s been my best friend since forever and she should know by now that I’m not a follow-the-rules kind of guy.

She may think that kiss was a mistake, but she’s wrong. Kisses like that can’t be a mistake. Willow and I belong together, have since the day I promised to always protect her from the bad stuff in her life. And somehow I’m going to prove it to her. Just like I’ll always protect her no matter what.


A standalone contemporary romance.
Suggested reading age 18+

Willow was brought up on the wrong side of the tracks with a mother who obviously doesn't want her but still works hard despite her circumstance. Then there's Beck who is Willows bestie and one of the bright things in her life is him since they were little. After one kiss between the two Willow comes up with a set of rules to follow because she doesn't want to loose the one good thin she has.


I liked this book, not one of Jessica Sorensen's best but it was still enjoyable. This author is one of those auto buys when it comes to me. I liked the characters I liked that Willows circumstance didn't bring her down she really did try to do her best to better herself. I loved that Beck was there to help her when things got tough for her and after knowing her baggage was able to still be there. I liked the playfulness between the two. I loved that there was a bit of mystery when it came to that sketchy driver and wondering who it was and if its one of her mothers problem ready to come get them. Overall this was a pretty good book and I really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...