Thursday, January 28, 2016

Review: The Little Bookshop on the Seine

The Little Bookshop on the Seine by Rebecca Raisin

Genre: Christmas, Chick Lit, Romance, Contemporary, France, Adult
Goodreads: Click
Published October 16th 2015 by Carina
Purchase Link : Amazon

Synopsis:

Le Vie En Rose

Bookshop owner Sarah Smith has been offered the opportunity to exchange bookshops with her new Parisian friend for 6 months! And saying yes is a no-brainer – after all, what kind of a romantic would turn down a trip to Paris…for Christmas?

Even if it does mean leaving the irresistible Ridge Warner behind, Sarah’s sure she’s in for the holiday of a lifetime – complete with all the books she can read!

Imagining days wandering around Shakespeare & Co, munching on croissants, sipping café au laits and watching the snow fall on the Champs-Élysées Sarah boards the plane.

But will her dream of a Parisian Happily-Ever-After come true? Or will Sarah realise that the dream of a Christmas fairytale in the city of love isn’t quite as rosy in reality…


I have to admit it was the beautiful cover, the word bookshop and figuring it was set in paris that I decided to check out this book. The day that I am writing this review its a blizzard out there,I'm stuck home and I wanted a sweet wintry book to read and this book seemed to be it. Its based around christmas time and usually I only read christmas time books strictly during that time I decided to read it anyways.

Now on to the content.

Sarah's booklover and bookshop owner friend who lives in Paris has just offered her a opportunity she just can't refuse. To for a few months switch book shops, where her fried Sophie would run her tiny quiet bookshop for Sophie's shop that has so much to do that'll leave Sarah second guessing everything. Sarah has always lived her life as a sheltered bookworm and it was time for her to come out of her shell and do more for herself and explore. This could be her opportunity to discover more, it'll test everything she knows and its leaves the question is the distance and overall surrounding good for her?

I loved this book, I thought it was sweet and fun to read. I loved seeing Sarah develop as a character learning new things. Seeing how she was handling everything around her from dealing with pain in the butt employees, to things going missing and such. I loved the aspect of the letters and the hopefulness to finding out more about who these people were they are reading about. I thought it was interesting how Sarah was dealing with long distance relationship. There was so much going on with this book that there was never a dull moment. I loved the ending, everything was tied up neatly, it was perfect.

I loved this book, its a holiday read but I would read it at any point and I would recommend you lovely readers to check out this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...