Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Review : Books, Blogs, & Reality

Books, Blogs, & Reality by Ryan Ringbloom

Genre: New Adult, Chick Lit, Contemporary, Romance,
Goodreads: Click
Published October 24th 2014 by Ryan\Ringbloom
Pages: 202
Purchase Link : Amazon

Life can suck…

When reality becomes overwhelming, seeking comfort in fictional fantasies keeps hope alive. And while this escape may be a little delusional, it’s also therapeutic.

Sharing secrets is daunting, but virtual friends don’t often judge and they are always ready to share a glass of wine…or three…while typing out life’s latest endeavors. 

Brooke believes obstacles only add to romance, not detract. Rachael longs for a more intense relationship, or so she thinks. Lizzie misses the excitement in her life, but sometimes new situations find you when you’re not even looking. And Jess believes a tiger can change his stripes. It can’t. 

Bound by a shared passion for blogging about happily ever afters, these four young women use keyboard therapy to work through their expectations, anxieties, and inadequacies, all with the hopes of achieving the perfection found in romance novels.
Completely blinded by what they think life should be, they navigate their unique paths in search of what they envision is right. But when reality taunts them with persistent curve balls, will they be strong enough to choose wisely? Or will their happy endings escape them? 

There was so many points in this book that I could'nt help but smile and laugh to myself thinking how true many points in this book is. As a lover of books and blogger I tend to sometime take the books that I read too literally I guess, sometimes it effects the choices I make on a daily basis.

These girls in the book are readers & bloggers and use their love of books to steer their lives. For instance there was one character trying to take in the bad boy hoping to change him, in books it usually ends up just like a fairy tale and in life it isn't that way. Then there was the women who feels washed up at the age of twentyfour with a husband and child. Feeling that distance between her husband and she ends up making a connection online with a guy in her past using quotes from books and questioning her choices. Another character tried to use her love of smut and act out the scenes finding out that there is quite a difference between books and reality and it takes a bit of a toll on her.

As I sit here writing this review I can't help myself but reflect on myself on how books have shaped who I am and the choices I've made. I mean its not quiet dramatic as the characters in the book but there is a light change in myself I suppose when it comes to reading each book I come across.

For those of you who reading my blog I'm wondering what kind of difference do you think books have made on you? Leave your comments below!

I know that personally books may have ruined my chance of meeting a decent guy because with every book I read I come up with new standards and criteria. But eh its not a big deal. I'm pretty sure many of you readers out there have that one.

Anyways back to this book, overall I loved it, many of you readers might find a bit of yourself in this book. This book was fun and steamy at times and there was never a dull moment for me when reading this book. I loved getting the perspective of each character they were all amazing and different and just great to get to know for the short while of reading this book. I recommend you lovely readers to check out this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...