Friday, January 3, 2014

The Redemption of Callie & Kayden

The Redemption of Callie & Kayden by Jessica Sorensen

Genre: Romance, Love, Realistic Fiction, Contemporary
Age Group: Young Adult, New Adult, Adult
GoodreadsClick
Purchase LinksAmazon | iTunes | B&N
The dark secret Kayden has kept hidden for years is out. Worse, he's facing charges for battery. The only way he stands a chance against the charges is if Callie speaks up, something he'll never ask her to do.

Callie knows Kayden is going back to his dark place and desperately wants to save him. But saving him means admitting her secrets aloud. Callie and Kayden are stronger than they think, especially when they're together. Together they move forward, face their demons, and finally start to heal from their traumatic pasts.


My Thoughts: 

"Sunlight is a rare occurrence in Afton, but maybe it's a sign that not everything is caped in darkness. That light does exist even in the darkest of corners."

Ok so before I start, I'm going to stop gushing about how much I love Jessica Sorensen's books, because if you've seen any of my past reviews you'll see the same thing over and over.

There's no surprise that I absolutely loved this book. It was about finally letting things go out in the open. It was interesting seeing the different reactions between family members. I loved how loyal and accepting the friends were no questioned asked. I loved that there was two point of views. I liked that they finally gained the strength to do things on their own without relying on each other. So, I would love to write more about what I loved about this book but I want to get to the next book : The Destiny of Violet and Luke.

"But how do you forget what happened?" ... "You don't forget. You just move past it. Let go. Be who you were supposed to be instead of who they make you feel like you should be."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...