Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Review : Elect

Elect by Rachel Van Dyken

(Eagle Elite #2)
Genre: Contemporary, Romance, College
Age Group: New Adult
Published: December 10th 2013
Goodreads: Click

                Amazon

Would you die for the one you love?
Nixon Abandonato made his choice. And now he has to pay the price. Tracey is the love of his life, but being with him has made her a target of his family's enemies. The only way to keep Trace alive is convince the world she means nothing to him.

Trace Rooks has fallen irrevocably in love with the son of her family's sworn rival, and she knows in her bones nothing can tear them apart. Until Nix suddenly pushes her away and into the arms of his best friend... But Trace isn't ready to give up on a future with Nix--and if he won't fight for them, she will.

In the end, a sacrifice must be made. A life for a life. For what better way to cover a multitude of sins than with the blood of a sinner . . .

My Thoughts:

There was so much to love about this book. I so many twists and turns that'll make you head spin and you wont be able to put this book down. I like how normally I don't like the whole mob boss/scene and this book is probably the only kind of mob anything I would read. I loved that there was so much going on. I loved the characters and that there was more then one point of view. I liked the connection between Trace and Nixon but, I loved Chase's character in every way. I loved how protective and caring he was, Nixon seemed more possessive to me. Maybe its just me that thinks that way. Oh and that ending now I got hopes for Chase being happy, I'm just curious to seeing what becomes of what happened in the end. So yea to you who are reading there's a short of cliffhangers that'll make you want the the next book like right now. Unfortunately like everyone else I've got to wait. Never a dull moment. I highly recommend you lovely readers to check out this Eagle Elect series. 5 of 5 Stars!

Elite by Rachel Van Dyken

(Eagle Elite #1)
Goodreads : Link

When I won the annual Eagle Elite College Scholarship lottery, I was thrilled. After all, my grandma had just died and I wanted to take care of my aging grandpa -- he couldn't be a farmer in Wyoming forever. And graduating from Eagle Elite meant opportunity.

But I wasn't counting on meeting Nixon.

Nor was I counting on the rules of the Elect.

1. Do not touch The Elect.
2. Do not look at The Elect.
3. Do not speak to The Elect.
And worst of all? Don't discover the secret they hide, because in the end, you may just realize... it's about you.

*This is a New Adult Book, blood, violence, cursing, sexual references, and drug use. Not recommended for those under 17.*

My Thoughts:

"Note to self - if you have a bad feeling about something... If your gut is twisting at the idea of following through with a bad choice... Just say no. Do not be a yes person."
I just want to point out that the cover is gorgeous. Its the reason I was drawn to this book. When I requested to review this book, I didn't even know what this book was about.
"Gossip Girl had nothing on this school"
Tracey Rooks had won the chance of a lifetime to go to a Elite schools. Once a year the school sets up a lottery where they will take in a student and at this school it pretty much sets you up with life with the connections you need to become successful in the future.
"I guess the old saying is true. You can't help what you're born into."
I enjoyed this book a lot I loved that this book had many surprises and that it was very mysterious. That's what really got me to want to read on and know more. This book was very intense and funny at times. I thought that this book was well-written. I liked the characters. Sometimes I would find Tracey annoying because she seemed to whine too much, was too emotional and whats with the whole mooing thing wtf? OK so I guess she misses home but really? My first impressions of Nixon: Completely hated him, he was a total jerk, who the heck does he think he is. After a while and getting to know him a bit more I started to have a love hate relationship with him. I get why he was the way he was and why did did certain things but I believe a lot of times he went about things the wrong way. If I had to choose which one was better for Tracey I would've said Chase. There wasn't a time that he was unkind to her. He couldn't helped her in one situation better (Wanna know what it is? Read the book) but he was kind, understanding, and caring. He was there when she needed the shoulder to cry on or when she wanted something (even if at times he did go overboard). This was the first book that I've read that had to do with Mafia and such it was unexpected for me and I was surprised Well, I guess as the story went on I can see it going that route but I was still surprised. Normally I would've optional choose a book like this (the whole mafia thing) but I think this book has got me a little more open minded about it.
"Sometimes in life we're asked to sacrifice something for the greater good."
Overall I enjoyed this intense and mysterious book and think you lovely readers will enjoy it as well. 5 of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...