Friday, May 3, 2013

Breach Review


"He was a broken man, and it made me wonder – can two broken souls make one whole person?"

Breach by K.I Lynn
Stars 4.5
Format: PDF
Genre: Adult, New Adult Romance, Erotic, Abuse, contemporary
Pages: 253

Blurb:

Delilah Palmer has control of her life and outward personality, blocking the truth just below the surface. A façade meant to be normal and hide the scars of her childhood. She’s made a good life for herself, became a lawyer, and is free from the tortured past that haunts her daily. Until he comes along and breaks open the cracks. 

Nathan Thorne has a past of his own. On the surface he is loved by all, personable, extroverted; everything Delilah isn’t. Hidden beneath is a dark and tormented man that only Delilah has to power to unveil.

Crammed in a small office together they see through each other’s masks, and the draw becomes too much, igniting an explosive relationship. Holloway and Holloway Law has a strict non-fraternization policy, forcing them to conceal their breach. Despite their efforts, separation becomes impossible, deceptions escalate, and Nathan has trouble coping; teetering on the edge of being overtaken by his past demons. 

What secrets does he harbor that could keep him from giving in? What keeps him from healing and moving forward? And Delilah, where does she fit into all this turmoil?

Can they accept love and deal with all the trials that come their way when secrets are exposed? Or will they fall through the cracks of their pasts and be consumed by all that haunts them?






First I was:

Then I was:


I just want to scream right now and throw something. You don't frigging end a book like that and not expect a violent reaction! I just literally screamed "what!" out loud earning myself a couple of stink eyes by the people within listening distance.


10 minuets later...


Nope still mad.


30 minutes later...



I've attempted to calm down but not working so I'll write this review to keep myself grounded.

Thanks to K.I Lynn I have to wait a day till I can recover from this cliff hanger to read another book. >_<

With that said I loved the the book. This story was dark, emotional, erotic and heartbreaking. I love this book wasn't just sex it had background stories to understand what the characters were going through. Sex was used as a to forget themselves to not hold the mask up and pretend that things were ok for them.

I loved all the characters in the book. Her best friend was pretty funny, understanding and caring. It was easy to get caught up in the book wondering what was happening between the two.  I liked that slowly Lila's background was opening up and why the was so broken. I get to know more about Nathan in the next book, I was hoping to be given a little more than what was revealed.


Towards the end the story gets darker and darker and you pretty know something bad then BAM!  your hit with the cliffhanger wondering what's going to happen next. Even though I was left hanging at least my feelings were somewhat spared with the sneak preview of the first chapter of the next book. Can't wait till the next book to find out what happens, I really want to know more about Nathan and what happened in the end.




Author Bio: 

K.I. Lynn spent her life in the arts, everything from music to painting and ceramics, then to writing. Characters have always run around in her head, acting out their stories, but it wasn't until later in life she would put them to pen. It would turn out to be the one thing she was really passionate about.

Since she began posting stories online, she’s garnered acclaim for her diverse stories and hard hitting writing style. Two stories and characters are never the same, her brain moving through different ideas faster than she can write them down as it also plots its quest for world domination…or cheese. Whichever is easier to obtain… Usually it’s cheese.

Author Contact Links:

Website
Goodreads
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...