"There is no room for romance in my life. It's so stupid, but I let guys use me because for that one fleeting moment, when he's focusing all of his attention on me and no one else, it feels good. It helps me forget that no one really cares."
One Week Girlfriend by Monica Murphy
Stars: 4.5 of 5
Format: Ebook/Kindle
Genre: New Adult, Romance, Contemporary, Abuse, College Age, Erotica.
Pages: 282
Summery:
Fable is going through a tough time: Her mothers drinking problems and her brother is starting to hang out with a bad crowd. Not only that is that the local college jocks spread rumors of her being easy.
One day Drew, the a star football player at the local college, gives her a offer she can't refuse. As a deal she must pretend to be his girlfriend and after that all bets are off.
Fable definitely gets more than she bargained for when his family secrets come out and troubled pasts come out.
"There are so many secrets and problems between us, I think our life would be one fucked up mess after another if were to really try and be together. "
My Thoughts:
I just couldn't put the book down so I read it in one day. I just had to figure out why that a guy like Drew would have to hire a girl when he could have anybody. After reading on I understood why he was that way and why he was reluctant to come home. His home life is pretty dysfunctional. I was kinda guessing of what what happening but wasn't expecting the little surprise his step mother let him know about. (Wanna know what it is? read it!)
This book was fast paced, full of angst, steamy scene and surprises.
Highly Recommend!
"But this girl . . . She doesn't feel pointless. She's real and she's beautiful and she felts perfectly when she's in my arms. She makes me want to feel."


No comments:
Post a Comment