Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Dream Where Losers Go

The Dream Where Losers Go by Beth Goobie
Stars: 3 of 5 (Liked it)
Format: Paperback
Genre: Young Adult
Pages: 204

Summery:

Skey is on a path of self destructive behavior landed her in a psychiatric ward and can't figure out why with a block on her mind. Her escape is a dream of dark tunnels is where she loves to go for solitude, but finds that she isn't alone and that there is another with secrets very much like her own. When she is allowed to go to school again and returns to her own gang of friends and back to her boyfriend. After spending time with them she notices violent and strange behavior from her friends and boyfriend and retreats back to her dream tunnel. The more she spends with her boyfriends and friends she more her memory and unravels and finds the reason for her memory block.

My Thought:

In the book the beginning seems to drag with the dream sequence. When I first read this book, I had a hard time trying to get into the book because of it. Not matter how boring the fire sequence is get through it because it gets better. I came to realize they were Skey's way of trying to understand the read world and he past memories.

This is the most real book I've read, it can be relate able to the readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...