Saturday, February 13, 2021

Review : Moriarty The Patriot Vol. 2

Moriarty The Patriot Vol. 2

GoodreadsClick
Purchase LinkAmazon BN iBooks Walmart eBooks 
Pages: 208
Published January 5th 2021 by VIZ Media LLC
The untold story of Sherlock Holmes’ greatest rival, Moriarty!

Before he was Sherlock’s rival, Moriarty fought against the unfair class caste system in London by making sure corrupt nobility got their comeuppance. But even the best-intentioned plans can spin out of control—will Moriarty’s dream of a more just and equal world turn him into a hero…or a monster?

After successfully establishing a foothold in Durham and cleansing the city of some of its corruption, William James Moriarty sets his sights on London. To make headway there, he needs the aid of his brother Albert. But while on his way to London, Moriarty is kidnapped by a gang of criminals! He needs Albert sooner than he thought, but will Albert be able to save him in time?

I just love everything about this book. I love mysteries, manga and remakes and this was a perfect mix of that. I love this Moriarty angle of things. He's definitely a more darker version of Sherlock. While Sherlock seems to push the boundaries of the law to get things done, Moriarty does what he wants regardless of the law and will get his end goal. I just love his character in this book. Also speaking of Sherlock I was surprised to see Sherlock so soon. While we get Moriarty and his is boundary pushing ways to get things solved the second half consists of the beginning of Sherlocks story meeting Watson. I look forward to seeing more from this series but I hope to see more of Moriarty's side because while I've seen so many remakes of Sherlocks story I look forward to Moriartys even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...