Monday, November 14, 2016

Review: My Sister Rosa

My Sister Rosa by Justine Larbalestier

Genre: Young Adult, Thriller, Contemporary, Mental Illness, Suspense, Siblings,
Goodreads: Click
PublishedNovember 15th 2016 by Soho Teen 
Pages: 320
Purchase link: Amazon | B&N
What if the most terrifying person you know is your ten-year-old sister?

Seventeen-year-old Aussie Che Taylor loves his younger sister, Rosa. But he’s also certain that she’s a diagnosable psychopath—clinically, threateningly, dangerously. Recently Rosa has been making trouble, hurting things. Che is the only one who knows; he’s the only one his sister trusts. Rosa is smart, talented, pretty, and very good at hiding what she is and the violence she’s capable of. 

Their parents, whose business takes the family from place to place, brush off the warning signs as Rosa’s “acting out.” Now that they have moved again—from Bangkok to New York City—their new hometown provides far too many opportunities for Rosa to play her increasingly complex and disturbing games. Alone, Che must balance his desire to protect Rosa from the world with the desperate need to protect the world from her.




Che has known for a while that his sister is well, a psychopath. No one seems to believe him when he says that there is something truly wrong with her because looks can bee deceiving and shes a trouble maker with a angels smile. Long ago he made a promise his parents that he would protect the world from Rosa, but that is no longer the case. It seems now that he should protect the world from her.

I loved this book, it was everything I thought it would be and more. I loved how creepy his little sister makes me glad for the little sister I have that's also ten. I loved how after everything Rosa loved her brother and trusted him well enough that she would divulge in her every creepy little ideas. Everything was so well though out with Rosa she was too smart for her own good. I loved how amazing well written this book was, I was hooked from the very start. When it came to that ending, I can see a lot of readers having a issue about it but honestly I loved it. I mean it tells you straight on how it ends but I couldn't help but think there was different ways it could've gone. I'm not sure quite sure if I'm saying it right. I feel like that ending was open enough for me to make my own opinions on what was going on. I would love to describe in depth more of what I loved about this book but that's hard to do without spoiling the book. I was accidently spoiled with the book when I dropped it and opened it on the wrong page and was horrified that I read a spoiler and won't do the same to you. I thought that their family dynamic was interesting, and getting to know the brief history of the parents surprised me.

Overall Loved this book it was a fantastic book that kept me on the edge of my seat and I highly recommend you lovely readers to check out this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...