Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Review: The Cresswell Plot

The Cresswell Plot by Eliza Wass

Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Mystery
Goodreads: Click
Purchase Link: Amazon | B&N
Pages: 272
PublishedJune 7th 2016 by Disney-Hyperion
The woods were insane in the dark, terrifying and magical at the same time. But best of all were the stars, which trumpeted their light into the misty dark. 

Castella Cresswell and her five siblings—Hannan, Caspar, Mortimer, Delvive, and Jerusalem—know what it’s like to be different. For years, their world has been confined to their ramshackle family home deep in the woods of upstate New York. They abide by the strict rule of God, whose messages come directly from their father.

Slowly, Castley and her siblings start to test the boundaries of the laws that bind them. But, at school, they’re still the freaks they’ve always been to the outside world. Marked by their plain clothing. Unexplained bruising. Utter isolation from their classmates. That is, until Castley is forced to partner with the totally irritating, totally normal George Gray, who offers her a glimpse of a life filled with freedom and choice.

Castley’s world rapidly expands beyond the woods she knows so well and the beliefs she once thought were the only truths. There is a future waiting for her if she can escape her father’s grasp, but Castley refuses to leave her siblings behind. Just as she begins to form a plan, her father makes a chilling announcement: the Cresswells will soon return to their home in heaven. With time running out on all of their lives, Castley must expose the depth of her father’s lies. The forest has buried the truth in darkness for far too long. Castley might be their last hope for salvation.


Honestly it was the numerous clips I kept coming across on instagram, and youtube that drawn me into getting this book. Then a couple of days ago I saw it on netgalley and requested it. By that point I had crossed by fingers and hoped I'd get a shot at getting this book a bit early to see what that hub bub what about. Mind you I never heard the synopsis or anything about it. I figured if I kept seeing it around I better see whats going on. 

You know its a good book when you can speak to someone about this book and what's going on and someone questions where is the movie to see is or what article that I was reading to get this info and reveal that its a book I was currently reading ahead. Yea I may have bragged getting an arc of this book. Not ashamed of it. 

You know what its nothing I've read before although when I described this book to my sister who has read the Virgin Suicides and Flowers in the Attic said it sounded like those books so if you liked those books you might want to get your hands on this book. (I'm now more interested in getting ahold of those books too after reading this book) Overall I really enjoyed this book I would go as far as to rate this book 4.5 stars. I thought the characters were interesting, what I was reading sounded unique and unlike what I've read before. I thought that this book was at a perfect pace not rushed at all. The one negative note I can see people saying is that bit of a taboo subject where the book can come off a bit incesty ( I know thats not a real word) It just came off that way but with how the father was raising them of course it would come off that way. (Can you see how hard I'm trying not to spoil the book) It didn't bother me, clearly its a book and isn't real, I may have cringed once or twice during the book because of it.The only reason I'm mentioning this is because I know there are readers are going to be deeply opposed of it and might have a problem with it. Don't read it if that's a subject that would bother you. I mean they don't really cross any lines but its something that should be warned. 

I already feel like I've wrote too much so I'll stop right here. Just know that I really loved this book and would rate it 4.5 of 5 stars, because I really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...