Friday, April 22, 2016

Review: Wink Poppy Midnight

Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke

Genre: Mystery, Fantasy, Young Adult, 
Goodreads: Click
Purchase Link: Amazon
Pages: 247
Published March 22nd 2016 by Dial Books
Every story needs a hero.
Every story needs a villain.
Every story needs a secret.

Wink is the odd, mysterious neighbor girl, wild red hair and freckles. Poppy is the blond bully and the beautiful, manipulative high school queen bee. Midnight is the sweet, uncertain boy caught between them. Wink. Poppy. Midnight. Two girls. One boy. Three voices that burst onto the page in short, sharp, bewitching chapters, and spiral swiftly and inexorably toward something terrible or tricky or tremendous.

What really happened?
Someone knows.
Someone is lying.

Lets be honest, its that cover that got the readers wanting to know what was in store for this book. I'm guilty of this as well.

I've been going on and off with deleting and retyping this review because I'm left so confused. Not in a bad way though. Just not sure how I feel about this book. I really enjoyed it. Throughout the story I just kept thinking of is written on the cover "A Hero. A villain. A Liar. Who's Who?" Throughout the story I couldn't help but try to figure out who was who. That maybe someone was trying to trick Midnight/the Readers. I loved each reveal as I got deeper into the story. This book was lovely, confusing, and deceiving and I loved that about it. One thing I can say that I loved about this book was how vivid each description is for this book. It's what I would call I don't know Dreamy? ... Whimsical? I loved that throughout the book there was a sort of mystery, about the house luck house, about Wink's life, about what was going on with Poppy. The only thing I didnt like Midnight's character, not even sure how to describe my dislike of him.

Overall I really enjoyed this book and reocmmend you lovely readers to check out it out. I can only imagine people's total love or dislike of this book.If you like straight answers with no bs in between, don't like love triangles and have a dislike of magical realism I wouldn't recommend you picking this book up. But if you like clever crafted book, with odd characters, mysteries and lies that leave you confused yet satisfied then you'll like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...