Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Review : The Good Girls Second Chance

The Good Girl's Second Chance by Christine Rimmer

Genre: Contemporary, Romance
Goodreads: Click
Pages : 240

Synopsis:

The Littlest Matchmaker Of Them All

Quinn Bravo is a committed single dad emphasis on single. The millionaire bachelor is focused on his four-year-old daughter and his fitness business. So while he's intrigued by his beautiful new interior decorator, Quinn resolves to keep the chemistry at a simmer. Until one night together causes their attraction to burst into flame.

After her ex-husband betrayed her, local good girl Chloe Winchester returned to Justice Creek, determined not to risk her heart again. Still, maybe she can live out some teenage fantasies with sexy Quinn while redecorating his house. But first Chloe will have to avoid falling for one adorable little girl and the man of her dreams!

Review:

I don't know what it is about that cover, but I'm not really fond of it. This was another one of those books that I've chosen randomly to give a shot despite the cover. Plus it was published by Harlequin and I'm a fan of the publisher so I requested and received a ARC of the book provided by Netgalley.

There was just something off about the book. I just wasn't much into it. It definitely felt rushed throughout the book. I wished there was more to the book that made it unique.I didn't like how their relationship escalated, normally a book will introduce characters with that build up to that relationship but no. This book went from not being anything to sleeping with each other and it was just random and I don't feel necessary. Then there's the whole rushing into getting engaged before knowing much of anything about each other. I personally didn't like that Quinn was rushing a bit of pressuring Chloe for a save the date for the wedding. The storyline was interesting enough, I just wished that there was enough of the book to make it more unique and enjoyable. I also wish is wasn't rushed, it made everything seem a bit ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...