Saturday, May 9, 2015

Review : Exposure & Focus

Exposure by Annie Jocoby

(Book one)
Genre : Erotica, Romance, Contemporary,
Goodreads: Click
Pages: 194
Purchase Link:
Published February 1st 2015 by Tobann Publications
Photographer CJ Parker is a woman who has literally not gone outside for the past six months. She’s been hiding from the world, and from life, ever since an unimaginable tragedy forced her into seclusion. 

On the one day where she decides to finally venture outside, she meets the mysterious billionaire, Asher Sloane. Dark-headed, magnetic, and gorgeous, Asher drips sex and animal magnetism. He draws CJ out of her shell and into the world, while showing her things that she never knew existed. 

What CJ doesn’t know is that Asher has a dangerous past. Behind his beautiful blue eyes and confident demeanor lies dark secrets that, if they are brought to light, could mean the end of CJ and Asher’s relationship. 

Will the exposure of Asher’s past destroy them?



... That ending...

As a warning there is a cliff hanger.

When I first started to read this book there a couple things that turned me off. First, the sort of kidnapping I suppose. It was an odd and I would've been freaking out in that situation. I didn't seem like much time has passed between the two and I thought it was a bit ridiculous how instantly - Ok well almost - she seems to get over her condition of agoraphobia. Also the way she would jump his bones after the strange situation happens between the two.

Regardless of the small things I found problematic for me, I found that I really enjoyed and Loved this book. Although I felt like it was rushed it was kind of hard to find a timetable of how quickly things progressed. This book didn't drag at all. The story line was interesting and I really enjoyed the characters. I loved the attraction between the who and the steamy scenes were great. I loved that there was a bit of mystery of what was going on with CJ until it was revealed in little bits which kept me hooked into wanting me not to put the book down. I thought it was interesrint getting a bit of CJ's side of his story. There is a Dual point of view which is perfect for me, because I love getting both sides of the story. Oh and towards the ending with Asher wasn't expecting it, I loved that there was that twist towards his end of the story and that other twist in the ending.

Overall I loved this book it was short, it was steamy and had a great story to tell. I recommend you lovely readers to check out this book. 4.5 of 5 stars!

Oh an as a warning your going to want to get the next book straight after.

Focus (Book 2)

Goodreads : Click
Pages : 181
Published April 1st 2015 by Tobann Publications
CJ Parker has been abducted by Albanian gangsters for reasons unknown. What is known is that, if Asher cannot find her in time, she will disappear forever. 

Desperate to find her, Asher makes a sacrifice to gain the information that is needed to locate CJ. When this sacrifice comes to light, however, it could very well spell the end to his relationship with her. 

Will Asher find CJ in time? And, if he does, can they survive the devastating secret sacrifice he made to find her?

When it came to this book I wasn't sure what to expect about it. Meaning I wasn't sure if CJ and Ashers story was going to end in this book and as I was going towards the ending, it just felt like not enough things were going to make it to just make this book the ending. With that being said this book isn't the end there is defiantly going to be another book it. Its not much of a cliffhanger like the previous book but it does leave you wanting more.

So here is what I think:

I thought it was very fast paced, and I mean very fast because a lot seemed to be rushed and solved issues in some areas too quickly I like to pace myself a bit so I was hoping for more of a challenge in some with the characters situations. This book is jam packed with loads of drama, steam with so much twist and turned that'll leave your head spinning. I would love to dive into details about what I loved and thought was interesting, but I don't want to spoil it for those of you who have yet to read the first book or this book. Overall I loved this book and look forward to seeing what happens next, I recommend you lovely readers to check out this these books not sure if its going to be a trilogy or series but its the type of book that you'll want to put into your tbr list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...