Sunday, May 31, 2015

Review : Broken

Broken by Annie Jocoby

(Broken Book 1)
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance, Chick Lit
Goodreads: Click
Pages: 258
Published January 6th 2014 by Annie Jocoby
Purchase Link: Amazon

 Nick O'Hara is a veritable womanizer. The only qualifications that he looks for in a romantic connection is that the person is hot and breathing. Mainly hot. He has no desire for an emotional connection with another person, and that's the way he lives his life. He has his fabulous wealth and his reputation as a premiere architect, and that's enough for him. 

Until Scotty James. 

Scotty is a graduate student at Columbia University in New York City. She's broken from traumatic experiences from her years in foster care and homelessness. She has a vulnerability that is intoxicating to Nick, because, deep down, he knows that he is as broken as she. 

When Nick pursues Scotty, it seems that she is the only woman who doesn't want to be with him. At first she's a challenge, but Nick soon finds himself falling in love for the first time in his life. With a woman who wants nothing to do with him. 

Can Scotty overcome her trust issues and fear to let Nick in? Or will she prove to be too broken to trust?



I thought that this was in a way a heart warming story that was a very enjoyable read. What I mean by heart warming is that Scotty had a tough traumatic past and was trying to just make it through college and live life and slowly with the help of Nick to gain a bit of confidence. Now when it came to Nick something just felt off with his character. I wasn't too fond of his character even though I did enjoy seeing their relationship. When it came to the ending, I felt as though it was rushed. It came to an abrupt ending which threw me off. So with that being said there is a cliff hanger, I'm eager to seeing more about what happens next. I thought it was a bit weird and ridiculous that Nick's friend  instantly knew her secret. I see that there was that understanding why he would know but I dont by it.  I loved Scotty's friend Jack he was able to help her in her hours of need, and really was the only support system she had. When it comes to Scotty and her family, I can understand why she wouldn't want a relationship with her mother but when it comes to her brother I felt like she should've done something more for him knowing her past and what he would go through if he ended up in the system.

There were things off about this book but there were many points that I did like in the book, I thought the overall story line was interesting and fun to read. I loved that they didn't instantly jump into things, it went slowly which is understandable due to her past. I loved that there was the dual point of view to make things interesting and seeing whats going on with both point of views. I loved that there was enough drama, romance, and steam to keep things interesting.

Overall I did enjoy the book and look forward to seeing what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...