Monday, April 27, 2015

Review : Once Wild Bull Rider

One Wild Bull Rider by Tina Leonard

(Originally called: The Cowboy's Bonus Baby)
Genre: Contemporary, Romance, Harlequin
Published July 5th 2011 by Harlequin 
Goodreads: Click
Pages : 224

No woman’s going to hog-tie Creed Callahan into getting hitched. Even if it means losing his claim on Rancho Diablo, the New Mexico spread that one of six brothers will inherit—whoever marries and has the most children. Come hell or high water, Creed plans to be the last single man standing. Until sweet temptation comes knocking….

Preacher Aberdeen Donovan is just fine tending her flock and getting ready to adopt her three nieces. Her job description does not include saving some incorrigible cowboy from himself. But there’s something about a little competition that makes the devil-may-care bachelor change his mind about needing a wife. And marriage would help Aberdeen provide a home for the little girls. Not to mention, for the little secret that’s on the way…

With a bit of research I was able to find the original cover and title to the book Once Wild Bull Rider. (In case you were wondering the title is the Cowboys Bonus Baby). In my opinion I think the newer title and cover is definitely an improvement which is something I've said about the other books in this series which were also renamed with a new cover. The older cover looks cheesey. I mean if I was to request a review or see the older cover in the bookshops I would've glace right past it. At least the newer cover is eye catching and something I wouldn't care if a person caught me reading. 

Now on the content of the book.

Overall I really enjoyed this book. The characters were interesting and fun to read. I loved the dual point of view. I loved getting bits and pieces of drama and mystery wondering when and if the ranch will be taken away in this book or will it be in the next book. The steamy scenes were great. I loved the attraction and connection between Creed and Aberdeen. I was hoping to see more from Aberdeens Ex, that he would be causing trouble not dropping off the face of the book. Overall I thought that this book was a fun read and would recommend you lovely readers to check it out. 

Oh, and I also want to point out that even if this book is apart of a series, each book is a stand alone. I mean I'm all over the place with this series, because I didn't realize it was connected to others and when I tried to find the others I was a bit confused because these books had a different set of cover and titles which confused me even more. So take my word for it no matter what order you decide to take with this series it really doesnt matter what book you start with but it might be a good idea to start with the first book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...