Saturday, March 14, 2015

Review : A Certain Slant of Light

A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb

Genre: Paranormal, Romance, Young Adult
Goodreads: Click
Purchase Links : Amazon
Pages: 282
Published September 21st 2005 by HMH Books for Young Readers 

In the class of the high school English teacher she has been haunting, Helen feels them: for the first time in 130 years, human eyes are looking at her. They belong to a boy, a boy who has not seemed remarkable until now. And Helen--terrified, but intrigued--is drawn to him. The fact that he is in a body and she is not presents this unlikely couple with their first challenge. But as the lovers struggle to find a way to be together, they begin to discover the secrets of their former lives and of the young people they come to possess.  
Wow, I wasn't expecting to like this book as much as I did. Stories about ghosts aren't really my thing and I rarely read them. After reading this book I found this story quite unique, interesting and enjoyable. I loved seeing the mystery behind Helen and James slowly reveal itself as they find love and find the mystery of their deaths. I loved that different POV at the ending of the book I wasn't expecting it. Overall I thought that this book was a great read and recommend you lovely readers to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...