Sunday, January 19, 2014

Review : What The Bride Didn't Know

What the Bride Didn't Know by Kelly Hunter

(The Wests #3)
Genre: Contemporary, Romance, Military
Purchase LinksAmazon
Pages: 224
Published : October 22nd 2013 by Harlequin KISS
GoodreadsClick
Shh…it's a secret!

Special ops expert Trig Sinclair is a man's man, and that means he knows the cardinal rule of the bro code—no matter how dynamite Lena West is, as his best friend's younger sister, she's strictly off-limits!

But when a secret mission to Istanbul sees Lena and Trig pretending to be married (and sharing a bed!), he finds himself in a whole new world of sweet torture…. But if Trig thinks playing the honor-bound hero is tough, it's got nothing on how Lena feels when she discovers what her "groom" is really hiding….


My Thoughts:

Trig has always wanted Lena but she happens to be one of his best friends sister so shes off limits. When Lena hasn't heard from her brother Jared for a couple of months now she decides to search for him. Not letting her do this long Trig goes along with her. When Lena ends up in an accident she ends up with a bump on the head and minor amnesia. On top of that she thinks Trig and she are married. To not confuse her more Trig neither confirms or denies her assumption hoping that she'll get her memory back soon. But the longer this charade goes on the harder it gets to keep his distance.

I thought that this was a fun and sweet book. Now even if I liked this book I feel like the description that I saw for this book was a bit misleading. I thought there was some kind of spy, secret mission type of things going on. The book was not at all what I thought it would be based on the description. With that aside I found myself enjoying this book. I liked that Lena was pushy. She was a women who knows what she wants and tries to go after it. Well she was more so when she go the bump on her head. I liked Trig's character he was caring, and loyal. I think he should've been more straight forward with her in the beginning or at least the little opening when he could've told her to not worsen things. The overall story was sweet and fun but I don't know I was expecting more conflict or something they are in the special ops on a mission surely there should be some  more action and conflict regarding that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...