Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Review : Unintentional Virgin

Unintentional Virgin by A.J. Bennett

Genre: Contemporary, Romance
Age Groups: New Adult
Pages: 203
Published: September 19th 2013 by Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
Goodreads: Click

                 Amazon
Karma Points is cursed. Cursed with a stupid name and the inability to lose her virginity. She's on a mission to lose her virginity before she turns twenty if it's the last thing she does.

One night, her good friend Eva brings her to an underground club where Karma meets a tattooed bouncer. He’s far from the clean-cut type she normally falls for, which makes her think this finally might be the night she crosses the threshold of womanhood.

Excited, she goes home with the bouncer named Jax and as always, her dreams crash down once again. Jax cannot believe she is willing to give away her virginity to a stranger she met at a club. As the only son with five sisters and a widowed mom, he can't morally go through with it, even though he's never been more tempted in his life.

Unwilling to let her walk away he strikes a deal. Karma has to spend three weeks dating him and then decide if she wants to have sex or walk away.

My Thoughts:

All Karma Point wants to do is to loose of virginity but each time she tries to get close to a guy there's always something going on. So when she tries to throw herself at a bouncer in some club and lets it slip that shes a virgin he would be the one to stop it from happening. Rather then just flat out rejecting her he makes her an offer : Date him for three weeks and if she wants to loose her virginity to him then he'll do it. The last thing they expected was to develop feelings for each other.

See my thing is why does her virginity have to be the problem here? I'm kind of stuck at the title of this book. I don't understand what makes her want to just sleep with a random person so she isn't a virgin what does she expect to happen?

Other then that I really enjoyed this book. I loved that idea that Jax comes up with to pass the time with dates for the three weeks. Now I'm actually considering making a bucket list in hopes that a guy would do them with me as dates. Heck why even wait for a guy, I can do them myself or with my friends. I loved how sweet the book was. I enjoyed the characters. I loved watching Karma's character develop from a sad an insecure girl to a more independent, stronger character. Now towards the ending I wished that Karma did things a little differently...grr...  I just realized that if I talk more to this it would be a spoiler. I did like the ending it was a good close to the story. I liked the pacing of the story, it was very well written. 4 of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...