Saturday, January 18, 2014

Review : Knowing Jack

Knowing Jack by Rachel Curtis

Genre: Contemporary, Romance
Age Group: New Adult
Pages: 165
Goodreads: Click
Expected publication: January 17th 2014 by Rachel Curtis

I am not a slut, although I’ve been called one often enough. Yeah, I spent three months screwing one of my college professors, but I was crazy about the guy. Then he broke up with me.

I am not a bitch, although people like to say I am. I kept our relationship secret. I’m not responsible for telling the university administrators about it, but a lot of students still blame me for getting their favorite professor fired.

I am not a drama queen, although everyone thinks I am now. When I got a few nasty messages, I just deleted them. When I got the threat, I assumed it was someone being stupid. I still think that’s all it was. My parents worry, though, so they hired me a bodyguard. Now Jack follows me around, intimidating everyone who approaches me and looking obnoxiously hot.

This is what I am. I’m Chloe. I’m a twenty-year-old art history major. Kind of shy, although I pretend not to be. Stubborn enough to stay here for my senior year, even though everyone hates me.

And I’m stuck with Jack.

He calls me “Princess,” but I’m not a princess either.

My Thoughts:

Chloe was in a relationship with her teacher which ended with him getting fire from his job. Being that he was a popular teacher, everyone loved this professor and Chloe ended up with the backlash of it getting harassed. When her parents find out about the harassment they hire her a body guard, Jack. Chloe thinks this is over dramatic but doesnt really have a choice in this situation.

Jack's father given him this job as second chance to redeem himself for his last job but if he screws up that's it for him. Jack want to take his job seriously but the more he is with Chloe the more his attraction to her grows. He can't fall afford to fall for her, he can't let his feelings get in the way of his job again.

So this book was interesting. I liked it but then I didn't. There were some moments where I felt that this book dragged. The whole idea of the story was interesting but I don't know I though it would have more conflict or at least be more dramatic then the little things that were going on. I did enjoy the characters and loved that there was more then one point of view. I don't know how I feel about this book other then I liked it which means this book is a 3 of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...