Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Review : Escape In You

Escape In You by Rachel Schurig
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Age Group : New Adult
Purchase Links: Amazon
 photo goodreads-badge-add-38px11_zps1ae6e47f.jpg

Blurb:

This new adult contemporary romance contains mature themes and is recommended for ages 18+

This is a complete story with no cliffhanger!

Jet Taylor is the quintessential bad boy. A womanizer. A fighter. Dangerous. The type of guy most girls do their best to avoid. But Zoe Janes is no saint herself. In fact, she sees in Jet the perfect opportunity to distract herself from her responsibilities at home and the mistakes that keep her trapped there. He’s gorgeous, likes to party, and is clearly only interested in having fun—just like Zoe.

The more time they spend together, the harder it is for Zoe to stick to her “fun only” mantra. Jet is getting under her skin, making her believe things could actually be different. She knows they’re both trapped by the sins of their past but Jet is starting to make her think freedom might actually be possible.

And that makes him the most dangerous boy of all.

My Thoughts:
"Letting people in, letting yourself get attached, is just about the riskiest thing you can do. I've spent the last four years doing everything I could to make sure I don't fall victim to another human being."
Zoey and Taylor has come from pretty bad backgrounds and drown themselves in partying and drinking. It was there that they met and make it clear that they are going to stay with each other for a short while for fun. But the more they are with each other the more that attraction grows. Things can't always say good though, problems arise, the pasts and secrets find their way out. Can their relationship stand the heat?

I really enjoyed this book. It was very predictable and I liked the characters. I loved that there was more then one point of view. I liked that Zoey was a relate-able characters. Or maybe I just felt like in a way I can relate to her my mother is bipolar along with other things and she has her ups and down so I can understand what she was going through in a way. But my mother is not as severe but there are different levels to it. I liked how they were able to be there for each other when the going was getting tough. What I didn't like about Zoey was that she was very reckless and I just wanted to reach into the book and smack some sense into her. Now my thing is that the whole broken couple with a past and such is such an over use for many NA books. I liked the book but I wish there was something more to stand out from the rest. Which is why I rated this book 3.75 but since most sites don't allow that I'll put this book for 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...