Saturday, November 30, 2013

Review : Sneaking Candy

Sneaking Candy by Lisa Burstein
Genre: College, Contemporary Romance
Age Group: New Adult
Expected publication: December 9th 2013 by Entangled Publishing
 photo goodreads-badge-add-38px11_zps1ae6e47f.jpg

Blurb:

All I ever wanted was to make a name for myself as Candice Salinas, creative writing grad student at the University of Miami. Of course, secretly I already have made a name for myself: as Candy Sloane, self-published erotic romance writer. Though thrilled that my books are selling and I have actual fans, if anyone at UM found out, I could lose my scholarship…and the respect of my faculty advisor, grade-A-asshole Professor Dylan.

Enter James Walker, super-hot local barista and—surprise!—my student. Even though I know a relationship is totally off-limits, I can’t stop myself from sneaking around with James, taking a few cues from my own erotic writing…if you catch my drift. Candy’s showing her stripes for the first time in my real life, and I’ve never had so much fun. But when the sugar high fades, can my secrets stay under wraps?

My Thoughts:
"It was so much easier to be strong and fearless and free on the page than it was to say with words."
Candice is TA at the University of Maine who on the side secretly writes erotic romance novels under the name as Candy. She can't let anyone know especially in her job because no one with take her seriously. No one other then her best friend, Mandy knows and that's about to change. When she meets James walker Candice tries to act like Candy and does something out of the normal by asking him out. Problem is, hes her student. Even with this hanging over their heads they can't stop being around each other and she reveals to him about her writing career on the side as Candy. Will her secret with James and her side job as candy stay a secret for long? Read the book and find out!

I really enjoyed this fun and steamy book. I loved that Candice was a women that many women and writers can relate to. I loved that she was a smart girl who is doing things on her own without the help of her family. I liked that she got a amazing and supportive best friend. I loved how different his book was, nothing like I've read so it was unique. This book was funny at times and very interesting to read. Now that I'm thinking about it this book makes me wonder if there are erotic romance book authors out there that are just like candy, somewhat in a way embarrassed at writing what they do? Just simply curious...

What I loved about this book was that it was original and fun to read and I think you readers will love this book as much as I did. 4.5 of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...