Saturday, November 30, 2013

Review : Forbidden Surrender Trilogy

Forbidden Surrender by Priscilla West
Genre: Romance, Contemporary, Erotica
Age Group: New Adult, Adult
Purchase Links: Amazon
 photo goodreads-badge-add-38px11_zps1ae6e47f.jpg

Blurb:

“What gives you a thrill Kristen?”

The minute I saw Vincent Sorenson, I knew he was trouble. Billionaire. Bad boy. And dangerously sexy. He was everything I craved, and nothing I needed.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t just avoid him. The higher ups at my company decided they needed his business, and I was on the team to bring him in. Vincent Sorenson didn’t seem as interested in business as he was in me, but I knew that was a door better left unopened. If I got involved with him, it would only unearth the pain I spent years trying to bury.

I thought I had it under control, but I seriously underestimated Vincent’s seductive charm and silver-tongue. I would soon find out how delicious it would feel to let myself fall into this forbidden surrender.

My Thoughts:
Kristen and her Partner is trying to close a deal with Vincent Sorensen on why he should trust them with his money. Kristen wasn't expecting much and is surprised when she finds him attractive. She can't mix work and pleasure making her and Vincent's situation forbidden but that's not going to stop Vincent from going after her.

Forbidden and steamy a perfect mix for a great book. I liked the characters. I liked that Kristen was a hard worker, Vincent is pretty hott, mysterious, and is confident. But a little too mysterious, maybe should've gave the reader a teeny bit to grab onto so the readers can anxiously wait for the next book to come? I loved the connection between Vincent and Kirsten. I thought the story line was interesting but it was too short, I guess it could work if you want a quick, steamy and interesting read in a short amount of time. :-)

I thought this book was good, unfortunately, it was nothing new. This book needed a little something extra, more drama or something maybe to keep the readers interested? It wasn't out there and I've read many book like this same characters and situations just different names. Which leaves to question why should I continue reading this series? Even with that, this book was a good first start with the introductions to this series? (Trilogy?) and good thing when I requested to review this book the other two was also available to review also so I can just write this review to see what happens next.

Overall I really enjoyed this book and I look forward to seeing what happens next. 4 of 5 stars.


Secret Surrender by Priscilla West
Purchase Link: Amazon
 photo goodreads-badge-add-38px11_zps1ae6e47f.jpg

Blurb:

“What gives you a thrill Kristen?”

I knew that giving in to Vincent Sorenson was a risk, but it was one I was willing to take. I had hidden my heart for so long and for the first time in a long time, Vincent was close to breaking down the walls.

When a trip to Vincent’s exclusive private island reveals the real Vincent underneath the layers of suave nonchalance, I thought we were close to the start of something special.

Just when things were looking up for us, I would discover the one secret that Vincent never intended for me to find.

My Thoughts:
Defiantly an improvement from the first book. This one had a lot to go off of making assumptions and guesses which of course didn't get solved. Still it kept me guessing and interested. Which goes to say I really enjoyed this book. Also the steamy scenes were fantastic. The connection between the two were great. Now, unfortunately I have to cut this review off short because with an ending like that, I simply must check out the next book. 

4.5 star!


Beautiful Surrender by Priscilla West
Purchase Link: Amazon
 photo goodreads-badge-add-38px11_zps1ae6e47f.jpg

Blurb:

“What gives you a thrill Kristen?”

The conclusion to the Surrender Series by Priscilla West.

No one is who they seem to be.

Kristen let Vincent into her heart because he seemed so different from everyone in her conservative world of wealth management. She thought they shared something special, but when she realizes that Vincent has been playing her the entire time, her heart is crushed.

As Kristen’s relationship with Vincent reaches a crisis point, a man from Kristen’s past returns looking for a second chance. Is her ex-boyfriend really looking for redemption or is his goal something more sinister?

Kristen struggles to hold herself together, until she discovers a revelation that will change everything.

My Thoughts:
"Sometimes you have to take a risk because the reward is worth it."

It seems to me that with each book this Trilogy just gets better and better. Which goes to say that I thought this last and final book was fantastic. There was lot to keep me interested and I just couldn't put this book down. Of all the book this one is my favorite there was twists and turns. I loved that there was back flashes for Vincent at certain points. I loved the ends it felt complete.

What I loved about this series was the assumptions that I made during the second book was off. I couldn't guess what was going to happen which made it unpredictable. I loved that there was loads of drama that really kept my interest. Now that I'm thinking about it even if this book was good as a trilogy I think this book would've been better off as one book slowly building up to that fantastic end.

This final book to the surrender trilogy is defiantly worth a 5 of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...